During the latest Nintendo Direct video today, the company announced that Capcom’s remastered version of Okami HD will be coming to the Nintendo Switch this summer. While an official date wasn’t attached to it, Capcom was quick to release their own press release about the game headed to the console. Below is a snippet from the press release going over the game and the features coming to the Switch version.
Ōkami HD, one of the most visually breathtaking action video games ever made, is coming to Nintendo Switch with high definition graphics updated for modern HD televisions. Originally released in 2006, Ōkami brought the Japanese Sumi-e ink style art to video games, marrying art with action and an epic tale, making it one of the most unique and beautiful video games ever. Ōkami HD will be available as a digital download for Nintendo Switch this summer.
In the game, players draw brushstrokes on screen with the Celestial Brush to battle opponents or solve puzzles. Unique to Nintendo Switch, Ōkami HD will offer new functionality for the Celestial Brush, taking advantage of the Nintendo Switch system’s touchscreen and motion-control support to create intuitive new ways to solve puzzles and defeat foes. These artistic touches include:
- Touchscreen Painting – Create brushstrokes directly on the touchscreen in Handheld mode
- Motion-Control Painting – Paint with the Joy-Con™ controller’s motion controls in TV or Tabletop mode by moving it in the desired pattern, just like a paintbrush
- OPUS: Rocket of Whispers Gets a Release Date for Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo Show Off Everything They Can for Mario Tennis Aces
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Jumps Over to the Nintendo Switch
- Octopath Traveler Finds Its Way To The Switch This Year
- Several Remakes Coming to the 3DS This Year from Nintendo
- 'Okami HD' Gets Three New Trailers From Capcom This Week
- 'Okami HD' Receives Several New Trailers & Images
- Three New Trails Drop For 'Okami HD' From Capcom
- Two New Japanese Trailers Hit For 'Okami HD Remaster'
- 'Okami HD' Shows Off A New 4K Trailer For PS4 & Xbox One
- Next Year, You'll Be Able To Buy This Life-Size, LED Encrusted Bust Of Okami's Amaterasu
- Square Enix Reveals The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit Launch Times - June 21, 2018
- Locke Cole is Now Playable in Dissidia Final Fantasy NT - June 21, 2018
- Monster Prom Adds New DLC with Its “F*ckin’ Hot Update” - June 21, 2018
- Crackdown’s Series Creator No Longer Working on Crackdown 3 - June 21, 2018
- Overwatch is Teasing Something New, but We Don’t Know What - June 21, 2018