Pacific Rim did okay at the box office, but it didn’t amaze anyone. It looks like John Boyega has some pretty high hopes for the sequel, though. At least he has enough faith that he’s thinking about the third movie. In an interview with IGN, Boyega was asked what would have to be done to up the stakes if there’s another film in the franchise.
“We’ll probably have to go to their world this time. … We’re going to need something different. I mean, Jaegers won’t be able to go through there the way we want them to but maybe we’ll try and build something else,” Boyega said.
Boyega also did a Reddit AMA, and a few people asked him about Pacific Rim Uprising. The first one was about his producing role and what he learned about the moviemaking process that he didn’t know as an actor.
I didn’t know that your hours, they expand, you’re doing a lot of work after hours to make sure that by the next morning creatively the scene is in a good condition or creatively at the same time the actors understand and there may be a different point of view or different emphasis that otherwise would have been normal and so obviously constantly improving the script and that’s something I’m not used to obviously as an actor i’m used to kind of a set way and that’s something for sure.
Boyega was also asked why he decided to take on a producing role for this project and what inspired him to do so.
For me it was the opportunity to be involved in creative process early on in a project which otherwise you don’t get to be involved in as an actor and also as a scifi fan to kind of get impacts most of the ideas that most of the time I would keep to myself, to be given the chance to display them was something that was very very fun. And it leads your career forward in a very good way.
We’ll have to see how this new installment in the franchise turns out. This is a pretty packed month, so who knows which movies are going to get lost in the shuffle? As a huge fan of the previous movie and someone who is really looking forward to this one, I hope it doesn’t.
Summary: Jake Pentecost, son of Stacker Pentecost, reunites with Mako Mori to lead a new generation of Jaeger pilots, including rival Lambert and 15-year-old hacker Amara, against a new Kaiju threat.
Pacific Rim Uprising, directed by Steven S. DeKnight, stars John Boyega, Tian Jing, Scott Eastwood, Adria Arjona, Charlie Day, and Burn Gorman. It will be released March 23rd.
- Hall of Heroes - Pacific Rim Uprising EXCLUSIVE Clip
- Review – Strangers: Prey at Night is Proof Why Some Films Don't Need Sequels
- Groot and Rocket Are the Latest Avengers: Infinity War Hot Toys Announced
- Stranger Things Faves Dustin and Lucas on Their Way from McFarlane
- Star Wars Villain Jabba the Hutt Joins Sideshow Collectibles' Sixth Scale Figure Line
- DC Collectibles and Sideshow Announce New Partnership
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: 5 TV Spots and 2 Featurettes - October 16, 2018
- Lionsgate Releases the Final Poster for Robin Hood - October 16, 2018
- New Featurette for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Teases Why Everyone is in Paris - October 16, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Producer Brad Lewis Talks Wrapping the Trilogy at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Jay Baruchel Talks Letting Hiccup Go at NYCC - October 14, 2018