AMC is using the occasion of International Women’s Day to announce their timely series adaptation of Sarai Walker‘s 2015 darkly comic novel Dietland will premiere with back-to-back episodes starting at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, June 4th. The 10-episode revenge fantasy series stars Joy Nash (Twin Peaks) and Julianna Margulies (The Good Wife) and comes from UnReal‘s Marti Noxon, Skydance TV and AMC Studio.
“Dietland focuses on some of the important issues and conversations happening today and offers a witty and insightful look at the war of the sexes. I’m beyond thrilled to welcome powerhouse executive producer, writer and director Marti Noxon back to the AMC family and can’t wait for audiences to see her passion come to life, notably through the dynamic and nuanced performances from rising star Joy Nash and the incomparable Julianna Margulies.”
– David Madden, President of Original Programming, AMC/SundanceTV/AMC Studios
Originally published in May 2015 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, here’s a look at the life of Nash’s Plum Kettle:
Plum Kettle does her best not to be noticed, because when you’re fat, to be noticed is to be judged. Or mocked. Or worse. With her job answering fan mail for a popular teen girls’ magazine, she is biding her time until her weight-loss surgery. Only then can her true life as a thin person finally begin.
Then, when a mysterious woman starts following her, Plum finds herself falling down a rabbit hole and into an underground community of women who live life on their own terms. There Plum agrees to a series of challenges that force her to deal with her past, her doubts, and the real costs of becoming “beautiful.” At the same time, a dangerous guerrilla group called “Jennifer” begins to terrorize a world that mistreats women, and as Plum grapples with her personal struggles, she becomes entangled in a sinister plot. The consequences are explosive.
Dietland also stars Robin Weigert, Adam Rothenberg, Tamara Tunie, Rowena King, Will Seefried, Ricardo Davila and Tramel Tillman. Skydance’s David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Marcy Ross are serving as executive producers, alongside Tiny Pyro’s Maria Grasso, Mockingbird Pictures’ Bonnie Curtis and Julie Lynn and Jacqueline Hoyt. Executives Susie Fitzgerald and Ben Davis lead AMC’s production.
- Director Dan Trachtenberg Confirms ‘The Boys’ Production Under Way - May 25, 2018
- NFL Owners’ Controversial Decision, Watchmen “Remix”, Who’s on Twitch, and More [The Weekly Static s01e41] - May 25, 2018
- This Is Spelling; There Are Rules: The A-Z of the 2018 Scripps National Spelling Bee - May 25, 2018
- Siren Songs s01e10: Bleeding Cool’s Mer-Mazing Season Finale Live-Blog! - May 24, 2018
- Good Morning, ‘Hair Live!’ NBC Says Hello to 2019’s Spring Musical - May 24, 2018