There was a line from the original Star Wars: Rogue One trailer, spoken by Jyn. “This is a rebellion, isn’t it? I rebel.” The line was much commented on, cropped, and used in fan videos…
A slight change in personal pronoun there. At the time of the movie, it was a line that contributed to a more sarcastic, less loyal, more maverick Jyn, one who had to be chained up by the Rebellion, and the change was a result of significant reshoots on the film.
But it also used ‘rebel’ as a verb rather than the noun of ‘rebels’ and ‘rebellion’ in the rest of the Star Wars storylines.
Well, in today’s Star Wars #44, we get a flavour of that. Under a superb cover by David Marquez…
We get the introduction of General Urtya of the Mon Carla Mercantile Fleet. With an attempt to get him, and his ships, to join the Rebel Alliance against the Empire. And who asks Princess Leia a question she cannot answer.
It’s a tragedy.
In another world, in another life, Leia is a cowed subject of the Empire…
STAR WARS #44
(W) Kieron Gillen (A) Salvador Larroca (CA) David Marquez
THE REBELLION NEEDS YOU!
The Empire takes from all of us – our freedom, our dignity, our hopes and for some, even our lives. The Rebel Alliance fights to take back our galaxy from the forces of oppression…but we need your help! Be a part of the solution – JOIN THE REBELLION TODAY!
Rated TIn Shops: Mar 07, 2018
- SOLO Continues the Fireflying of the Star Wars Universe – A Review - May 24, 2018
- Rebellion to Publish Comics Based On Their Sniper Elite Games in August - May 24, 2018
- 2000AD Publisher Relaunches Classic British Comics as the Rebellion-Verse - May 24, 2018
- Michael Uslan Brings Back Dinosaucers in Lion Forge’s August 2018 Solicits - May 24, 2018
- Dave Sim Creates Nick Calm, Agent of C.O.D.P.I.E.C.E. - May 24, 2018