If you own an Oculus Rift, you may have noticed your device stopped working today, along with everyone else in the world who happens to own one. This wasn’t a malfunction on your part, according to the company, this was due to an expired software certification that hit every device simultaneously when the expiration hit. As of when we’re writing this post, Oculus is still working to resolve the matter, as the posted on Twitter this afternoon
We’re still working hard to resolve the issue & are in the process of integrating an updated cert. This has some added complexity, as the expired cert blocks our standard update path. We’re working through options & expect to have more details tonight. https://t.co/9F6hz3tcfI
— Oculus (@oculus) March 8, 2018
Below is the current status of the fixes happening as of this evening. Hopefully, we’ll know more later tonight or tomorrow about what the specific issues were with the certification that caused them to expire.
We are aware of and actively investigating an issue impacting ability to access Rift software. Our teams apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing you and appreciate your patience while we work on a resolution. We’ll share more updates here as we have them. Thanks.
Hey everyone – This is an issue with our software certification that we’re still actively working on. For security, we use a certificate to ensure that the software you receive actually comes from Oculus. That certificate has expired, and we’re looking at a few different ways to resolve the issue. We’ll update you with the latest info as available. We recommend you wait until we provide an official fix. Thanks for your patience.
Hey everyone – We’re still working hard to resolve the cert issue. We’re in the process of integrating an updated cert. Unfortunately, pushing the update out to affected users has some added complexity, as the expired cert blocks our standard software update path. We’re working through the options now, and we expect to have more details to share later this evening.
- Planet of the Apes is Getting a VR Game in April
- Facebook Holds Off On Bullet Train Demo After School Shooter Backlash
- VR Shooter Gunheart Has New Mods, Weapons, and Game Modes Thanks to New Update
- Rick and Morty: Virtual Rick-ality Coming to PSVR in April
- Hyperbolic Magnetism Releases Teaser Trailer For Beat Saber
- Predictably, Aimbots Have Come to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - October 19, 2018
- Insomniac Games Releases Two New Patches for Marvel’s Spider-Man - October 19, 2018
- Pac-Man Will Appear On Cans of Red Bull Because… Nostalgia? - October 19, 2018
- Check Out the Launch Trailer for Dark Souls: Remastered on Switch - October 19, 2018
- Dead By Daylight Launches “The Hallowed Blight” Halloween Event - October 19, 2018