Last November, Bleeding Cool reported from NYCC that Mad Magazine, after over 500 issues, was going to get relaunched with a new issue one for April Fools’ Day 2018.
Nobody seemed to believe us.
Still, some folk thought it was a hoax.
Now comic book retailers have been told by DC Comics that no, they are not kidding around, and that the all-new MAD Magazine #1 is set to arrive in comic stores in April. And to prove how serious they are, it won’t be on April 1st, but on April 18th. Relaunching with a new #1 issue from VP & Executive Editor Bill Morrison, with the help of the Usual Gang of Idiots, or The Ones Who Moved To Burbank.
DC Comics will unveil the new #1 cover during WonderCon. And a few other things…
- Preview of Marlon Bundo, John Oliver’s Response to VP Mike Spence - March 19, 2018
- DC Comics to Publish English Translation of Batman & the Justice League Manga - March 18, 2018
- Solicits for DC Ink and Zoom Titles Mera, Harley Quinn: Breaking Glass, and DC Super Hero Girls: Search for Atlantis - March 18, 2018
- Brian Michael Bendis’s Creator-Owned Comics to Cost Less from DC Than Marvel - March 18, 2018
- 8 More Absolute/Omnibus Books from DC Comics, from Flashpoint to Before Watchmen - March 18, 2018