Last November, Bleeding Cool reported from NYCC that Mad Magazine, after over 500 issues, was going to get relaunched with a new issue one for April Fools’ Day 2018.
Nobody seemed to believe us.
Still, some folk thought it was a hoax.
Now comic book retailers have been told by DC Comics that no, they are not kidding around, and that the all-new MAD Magazine #1 is set to arrive in comic stores in April. And to prove how serious they are, it won’t be on April 1st, but on April 18th. Relaunching with a new #1 issue from VP & Executive Editor Bill Morrison, with the help of the Usual Gang of Idiots, or The Ones Who Moved To Burbank.
DC Comics will unveil the new #1 cover during WonderCon. And a few other things…
- Kevin Huizenga’s Fielder Launches in Drawn & Quarterly September 2018 Solicits - June 22, 2018
- Family Graves Launches from Source Point Press in September Solicits 2018 - June 22, 2018
- Eric Powell’s Spookhouse Goes Weekly in Albatross Funnybooks September 2018 Solicits - June 22, 2018
- DC’s $3.99 Comics to Move Back to 22 Page Stories - June 22, 2018
- Deadpool and the Technet Comes To Mr & Mrs X, in New Updated Solicitations - June 22, 2018