Fleabag creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge‘s spy thriller series Killing Eve has found a new “safe house” with the BBC, with the British broadcaster securing the rights to broadcast the eight-part drama on both BBC One and BBC Three later in 2018. The Sandra Oh (Sideways)-starrer was previously announced to air on BBC America in the U.S. beginning April 8th, with Endeavor Content handling the sale.
“It is one of the most exciting series of recent times, and not only do we get to work with Phoebe again, who is a fantastic writer with a unique voice, the brilliant Jodie Comer will be back on BBC Three after her star turn in ‘Thirteen.’”
– Damian Kavanagh, Controller, BBC Three
Killing Eve centers on two women; Eve is a bored, whip-smart, pay-grade MI5 security officer whose desk-bound job doesn’t fulfill her fantasies of being a spy. Villanelle is a mercurial, talented killer who clings to the luxuries her violent job affords her. Based on the novellas by Luke Jennings and written by Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Fleabag), Killing Eve topples the typical spy-action thriller as these two women, equally obsessed with each other, go head to head in an epic game of cat and mouse.
Based on the novellas by Luke Jennings, Fleabag‘s Phoebe Waller-Bridge serves as head writer; and executive produces alongside Sally Woodward Gentle and Lee Morris. Colin Wratten is also on board as producer, with Oh serving as associate producer. You can check out Bleeding Cool’s thoughts on the pilot script here.
Killing Eve stars Sandra Oh (Grey’s Anatomy) as Eve; Jodie Comer (The White Princess) as Villanelle; Fiona Shaw (Harry Potter, True Blood) as Carolyn Martens; David Haig (Four Weddings and a Funeral, Penny Dreadful) as Eve’s colleague Bill; Kim Bodnia (The Bridge) as Konstantin; Darren Boyd as Frank Haleton; Sean Delaney as Kenny Stowton; Kirby Howell-Baptiste as Elena Felton; and Owen McDonnell as Niko.
- Siren Songs s01e10: Bleeding Cool’s Mer-Mazing Season Finale Live-Blog! - May 24, 2018
- Good Morning, ‘Hair Live!’ NBC Says Hello to 2019’s Spring Musical - May 24, 2018
- Hulu’s Castle Rock Pilot Gets a Stephen King Seal of Approval - May 24, 2018
- Bleeding Cool’s Media Guide to the 2018 Scripps National Spelling Bee - May 24, 2018
- Siren Songs: Join Bleeding Cool’s Mer-Mazing Season Finale Live-Blog Tonight! - May 24, 2018