In a press release with a subheading declaring that every issue of Isola will have two covers, as if we didn’t assume that all comic books will have at least one variant, Image Comics has revealed the variant cover to Isola #1. Like the first cover, the variant will also be drawn by series artists Karl Kerschl and Msassyk. Writer Brenden Fletcher gets off easy, not having to draw either cover.
We’re not personally always a fan of variant covers, especially when they’re used to artificially inflate sales on comic book or when they’re used to squeeze retailers for more money. But in the case where they’re simply “Cover A” and “Cover B” and the art is *gasp* by the actual artists on the series, we’ll make an exception.
Check out the series description below:
The kingdom of Maar is in peril. Rook, the captain of the Royal Guard, has fled the capital with Queen Olwyn. Together, they seek the fabled land of the dead, where lies their best hope of restoring the kingdom—and the Queen herself.
The first issue hits stores on April 4th, with final order cutoff happening March 12th.
- J. Jonah Jameson, This is Your Life! Next Week’s Amazing Spider-Man #12 - December 16, 2018
- Clone Drone Problems in Next Week’s Life of Captain Marvel #3 - December 16, 2018
- Where’s the Other Side of the Climate Change Debate in Next Week’s Defenders: The Best Defense? - December 16, 2018
- Experience Baba Von Doom’s Thrice-Baked Potatoes in Next Week’s Runaways #16 - December 16, 2018
- Morgan Le Fay Shows a Clear Lack of Gratitude in Weapon H #11 - December 16, 2018