Marvel today sees the publication of Infinity Countdown #1, the third issue of that series (I know, I know) as everyone gets up to Infinity Stone-based japey. But there are a number of big character plot points or note. And here is one…
Remember when Groot was first introduced? He is rather different to the sapling we know today. For a start, he was a lot more loquacious.
Trounced? Groot? However at one point, he just moved to ‘I am Groot’. The official Marvel explanation is thus:
The mature form of Groot’s species is robust and heavyweight, which causes the organs of acoustic generation to become stiff and inflexible. It is this hardened nature of Groot’s larynx that causes people, who are oblivious to the subtle nuances of his speech, to misinterpret him as merely repeating his name.
However, Groot has “died” and regenerated on several occasions, and no longer is able to speak even when in a young form, such as in today’s Infinity Countdown #1.
Nice sound effect there.
The alternative in-universe explanation is that Groot simply lost the ability to speak normally on one of the occasions where he was destroyed and subsequently regenerated. But in today’s Infinity Countdown #1, not only does Groot regain his adult size but also his tongue…
Of course, for all things, there must be a balance. And in Doctor Strange: Damnation #2, also out today, another vegetation-based character, the Man-Thing, suffers the curse in the opposite direction…
INFINITY COUNTDOWN #1
(W) Gerry Duggan (A) Aaron Kuder
The Saga of the Infinity Stones begins!
As the Infinity Stones reappear around the cosmos, the ultimate race for power is on!! Battles will be fought, blood will be spilled, lives will be lost… all as the greatest cosmic heroes and villains vie for possession of the Power Stone, towering over a remote asteroid, somehow grown to the size of a building. Watch as the path to Infinity opens before your eyes and the END lies near…
Rated T+In Shops: Mar 07, 2018
DOCTOR STRANGE DAMNATION #2
(W) Donny Cates, Nick Spencer (A) Szymon Kudranski (CA) Rod Reis
• Mephisto has taken up some major real estate in Las Vegas, but he’s not going to stop there. He’s got the rest of Earth on his “TO GET” list and only Doctor Strange can stop him.
• The only downside? Strange went into Mephisto’s Hotel Inferno to confront him and has not been seen since.
• Add the fact that the devilish villain has already corrupted several Avengers, and Wong and his rag-tag group of mystical heroes look like they’re in serious trouble.
Rated T+In Shops: Mar 07, 2018
- Fantastic Four #9 and More Stolen from House Of Secrets in Burbank - May 20, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 20th May 2018 – ‘Readers Realized There Was No Wedding in the Wedding Special’ - May 20, 2018
- Bob Layton Just Discovered He Created a Character in Deadpool 2 - May 20, 2018
- The Rev Michael Curry Vs Princess Bride’s Peter Cook’s Royal Wedding Address (VIDEO) - May 20, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 20th May 2018 – Flamewars and Lawsuits - May 20, 2018