Nearly six years after the original release, Nicalis has announced that it will be bringing Code of Princess to the Nintendo Switch, rebranded as Code Of Princess EX. The side-scrolling fantasy beat en’ up will be making its way to the console in the summer with cleaned up graphics in HD at 60 FPS, along with improved AI and a local co-op mode for the campaign that was primarily single-player until now. We have the game’s description along with the official announcement trailer for you below.
Code of Princess EX tells the tale of Solange (yes, the same Solange from our upcoming 2D fighting game Blade Strangers), a princess who finds herself on the run and in possession of the legendary DeLuxcalibur sword after her kingdom falls to monstrous invaders. What Solange lacks in sensible fighting attire she makes up for with passion and power, and her battle against evil leads her to join forces with a variety of colorful allies, including young thief Ali (also seen in Blade Strangers!), elven bard Allegro, blind samurai Tsukikage and necromancer Lady Zozo. Together, they’ll use melee weapons, magical spells, powerful combos, lock-on attacks and a special “burst” ability to smite their foes and restore peace to the land.
Despite its modern accoutrements, Code of Princess EX is classic to the core. Fans of Treasure’s cult-favorite Saturn title Guardian Heroes will feel right at home thanks to Code of Princess EX’s multiplane gameplay, which lets you move between three planes of action at will, as well as its experience-based character growth system that allows you to customize stats in six different categories. And this isn’t just your average “spiritual successor,” either: Guardian Heroes developers Tetsuhiko “Han” Kikuchi and Masaki Ukyo were heavily involved in the creation of Code of Princess EX, as were renowned artists Kinu Nishimura and Bengus (of Capcom fame).
- Nicalis Announces RemiLore Will Be Coming to Multiple Consoles
- Nicalis Shows Off Crystal Crisis at BitSummit for Nintendo Switch
- New Projections Show Nintendo Looking to Surpass Microsoft
- Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy Gets a New Switch Trailer
- New Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition Trailer Shows Off the Game's Best Moments
- Nintendo Direct Coming Tomorrow With Mario Tennis Aces Set To Appear
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for March 6-12, 2018
- Enplex Games Announces New Survival MMO Game Population Zero - December 11, 2018
- WBIE Will Relaunch MK Kollective to Prepare for Mortal Kombat 11 - December 11, 2018
- Review: PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Gear by JINX - December 11, 2018
- Overwatch Launches Winter Wonderland with New Updates - December 11, 2018
- Fortnite Adds Swords to the Game in Latest Patch - December 11, 2018