CD Projekt Red has released the dates for their upcoming Gwent Challenger tournament which will run April 28-29th in “Wieliczka” Salt Mine, Poland. Wieliczka is hailed as “one of the most valuable monuments of culture in Poland” as it is featured on UNESCO’s World Cultural and Natural Heritage List. The mine is the product of centuries of Polish mining history, which makes it an interesting choice for a virtual card game tournament.
Especially when you realize that the April Challenger was supposed to take place in the United States. That said, if other Challenger tournaments are anything to go by, the April Gwent Challenger will be an interesting watch.
“The change of venue for the April tournament, which was initially set to take place in the United States, continues the creative direction we established with the previous event in the series,” said Rafał Jaki, Product Director of GWENT, CD PROJEKT RED. “We want our tournaments to be as exciting to watch, as they are to compete in. To make that happen, we focus on finding the coolest places and ways to make the streaming experience as fun as possible,” Jaki added. “Community feedback from December’s Challenger was great and we really like to raise the bar for ourselves with everything we do. If you enjoyed your trip to the Nilfgaardian stronghold of Moszna Castle, you’ll definitely love the what we have in store for you at the salt mines.”
Additional information regarding the tournament, including its detailed schedule, will be announced closer to the event date.
- Witcher Spinoff Getting a Spinoff Of Its Own in Gewnt: Thronebreaker
- CD Projekt Red Announces New Wrocław Studio to Help Cyberpunk 2077
- Grand Theft Auto Online is Buffing Gunrunning This Week - October 16, 2018
- EA DICE Reveals New Info on Battlefield V’s War Stories - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Festival of the Lost Event Starts Tomorrow - October 15, 2018
- Hearthstone Confirms Balance Changes Rolling Out This Week - October 15, 2018
- Poznan Game Arena 2018 Reports a New Attendee Record - October 15, 2018