Disney just released the first teaser trailer for their upcoming Christopher Robin live-action film, featuring the human companion of Winnie the Pooh and the other companions of the 100 Acre Wood.
— Walt Disney Studios (@DisneyStudios) March 6, 2018
Here’s the teaser trailer:
The film stars Ewan McGregor as a grown-up Christopher Robin, Hayley Atwell as Christopher Robin’s wife, Mark Gatiss as his boss, and Jim Cummings as our favorite silly old bear.
“The movie is so full of joy and emotion and also of scenes that I think are very timely,” director Marc Forster (Finding Neverland) told Entertainment Weekly about the film. “[Pooh] is still as relevant today as he’s ever been. Perhaps even more so.”
Set in London in the 1940s, adult Christopher has returned from World War II and now lives with his wife and young daughter in London, where he works for a company selling luggage.
“Obviously, [Ewan] is a grown man, but he also has a very boyish look to him that I feel was important to be connected to. You feel like there’s this inner child to him, even though it’s buried. It’s there,” Forester continued.
“I don’t see any cracks — a few wrinkles, maybe,” Pooh says to Christopher Robin in the trailer.
The film is set to open August 3rd.
- Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger Sunbathe In New 'Christopher Robin' Image
- Unboxing the DC Legion of Collectors Green Lantern Funko Box
- Mondo Music Release of the Week: Josie and the Pussycats and Sonic!
- First Poster for Disney's Christopher Robin, Trailer Debuts Tomorrow
- Disney Announces Six New Marvel Release Dates
- Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’ Showrunner Responds to Script Leak - August 20, 2018
- Emmy Nominee Ann Dowd Talks Aunt Lydia from ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ - August 20, 2018
- Netflix Renews Emmy-Nominated Series ‘GLOW’ for Season 3 - August 20, 2018
- ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’ 25th Anniversary Blu-ray Details Revealed - August 20, 2018
- Chris Hemsworth Talks Life, Family, and the “Meh” ‘Thor: The Dark World’ - August 20, 2018