In 2016, Patrick Gleason and Peter J. Tomasi gave us a Rebirthed Superman with Superman #1. And it was bloody brilliant. Now Brian Michael Bendis has come along with his new plans and the team supreme have moved on to other projects. But before they go, a chance to look back at what was, with tomorrow’s Superman #42 — which may look a little familiar.
Here’s the first few pages of tomorrow’s Superman #42, side by side with those of Superman #1 from two years ago.
I am told it continues for another eight pages before switching — and gets a reprise at the end.
The “Bendis Is Coming” double-splash page, I am told, does seem a little on the nose, though.
(W) Peter J. Tomasi, Patrick Gleason (A) Patrick Gleason, Patrick Gleason
“BOYzarro RE-DEATH” part one! It’s a bizarre, Boyzarro world-and we just live in it! When Superboy comes face to face with Boyzarro, the Son of Bizzaro, a strange transformation begins to take place. But that’s not all that the Kents have knocking on their door! Superman versus Bizarro round one am not just the beginning!In Shops: Mar 07, 2018
- Marvel Comics Liquidates Hardcovers to Comic Stores - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Sends Shuri, Venom, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Spider-Geddon, X-Men Black for Second Printings - October 19, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 19th October 2018 – Happy Birthday Jim Starlin - October 19, 2018
- Your Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man Shakes You Down For Another Dollar - October 18, 2018
- Return of Wolverine #4 Slips Into January 2019 - October 18, 2018