Evidence has continued to mount suggesting we can expect Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 later this year.
Call of Duty comes every year, meaning the existence of another in the franchise is never really a surprise. The series is passed off between three developers in Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Treyarch though. This year we know it is Treyarch’s turn, but official confirmation as to what the game is going to be exactly isn’t yet clear. That was until rumour hit from an industry insider that the studio would be continuing their most famous series by developing Black Ops 4.
Well, that rumour just got a new piece of evidence in its favour. CharlieIntel (via IGN) is reporting that they’ve been sent a picture from GameStop’s internal listing which shows various Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 merchandise set to be available from lanyards to t-shirts. There is not much more here but listed as an ETA, the date reads May 1st. This mean, if this is legitimate, we can expect an announcement on or before then.
There’s not much more to it than that, but this is just another bit of evidence suggesting that the game is set to be announced. If it is indeed coming, we don’t quite know what to expect from it though. Black Ops is almost defined by its undefinability from going through Vietnam to near future with only some connective tissue. Really it could take us anywhere, and after WWII and the rumoured WWII return for Battlefield, I wonder exactly how the title will fit into the current market.
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 is Dropping the "Traditional" Campaign Mode
- Call Of Duty: WWII Official Reveals "Shamrock & Awe" Event
- Call Of Duty: WWII is Holding a St. Patrick's Day Event
- You Can Get a Black Ops 4 Calling Card Until Tomorrow
- Devil May Cry 5 Will Get its First Gameplay Demo at Gamescom - August 14, 2018
- Video: Everything You Need Know About World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth’s Story in 7 Minutes. - August 14, 2018
- Bethesda Says Future Games Could Come to Steam Despite Fallout 76 Skipping Platform - August 14, 2018
- Sumo Digital has Bought The Chinese Room – Game in More Traditional Genre Coming - August 14, 2018
- Rainbow Six Siege is Getting a Free Weekend This Week - August 13, 2018