It takes an extraordinary man, or one with an extraordinary need for attention, to enjoy getting an award that celebrates how bad his movie is. We’ll let you decide which is the case when it comes to former pro wrestler and superstar actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. Johnson’s movie, Baywatch, won a Razzie award this year, and Johnson was all too happy to take to Instagram where he recorded an acceptance speech for the award. Johnson first congratulated his colleagues who were nominated for Sunday’s Oscars before getting down to business.
“I’m also excited because I was just informed that I too am bringing home the gold tonight,” Johnson said in the video. “No, not an Oscar — maybe one day — but a Razzie.”
“The Razzies are the annual awards given out to Hollywood’s worst movies, and I have officially won one for Baywatch,” he continued. “But here’s the cool thing. The movie was so bad they actually had to create another category. The new character is ‘a movie so rotten you actually fell in love with it,’ which means, ‘The shit sandwich you have been eating is so bad that you eventually started to like it.”
“Look, we made Baywatch with the best of intentions,” Johnson insisted. “It didn’t work out like that. But I humbly and graciously accept my Razzie, and I thank you critics, thank you fans, and look, at the end of the day, a movie so rotten you actually fell in love with it, that’s just the way love goes. Alright. Go Baywatch. Thank you for my Razzie. Give it to me.”
Ladies and gentlemen, the next president of the United States of America!
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018