Motion Twin has been hard at work perfecting their platformer Dead Cells, in which you play as an adventurer who is constantly dungeon diving and dying and being reborn into new situations, so the whole adventure can start over again. The devs just released a brand new vlog for you to check out below, which includes details of their last update for the game before they take it to launch called “The Hand Of The King”. You can check out the video below, as well as the full patch notes, of which we have some of the more pertinent ones listed below.
- The Castle is a whole new level for you to explore, and die into.
- A new final boss is now waiting for you at the end of the game. Be prepared for an epic battle! Note: “final” doesn’t mean last fight boss planned in Dead Cells ;)
- All grenades items are now Brutality items first. Some of them can be dual-colored with Tactics or Survival.
- Community suggestion The hero HP scaling has been balanced. Points invested in Survival give more HP than points in Brutality, and these ones give more HP than points in Tactics. It’s not a huge difference, but the idea is to make sure that Survival builds have a little bit more HP than Tactics for example.
- Community suggestion Dodging no longer cancels your weapon chained-attacks. For example, with a Broad Sword, this means that you can use the first 2 attack sequences from this weapon, roll, then use the 3rd attack sequence (the heaviest attack).
- Added new weapons & active skills, just because we could.
- Added a 4th difficulty level (using the new 4th boss cell): “Nightmare”. You get more cells but enemies are of course stronger. You don’t have any healing flask refill AT ALL in this mode. Version 0.6.1
- All the Boss Cells now only drop from the final boss! You get the 1st one when killing him for the first time. The 2nd one can be dropped from him in “Hard” difficulty level. The 3rd one is dropped in “Very hard” difficulty level and the last one in “Extreme” difficulty level. Version 0.6.1
- Epic Games Might Bring Fortnite to the Nintendo Switch
- Dead Cells Announced for the Switch, PS4, and Xbox One
- Check Out The Complete "Indie Arena" Lineup For Gamescom 2017
- Getting All Metroidvania With 'Dead Cells' In Early Access
- ConcernedApe to Focus More on Stardew Valley for a While - December 14, 2018
- Epic Games Already Planning to Nerf and Vault the Fortnite Infinity Sword - December 14, 2018
- Nintendo Discontinues the NES and SNES Classic Editions - December 14, 2018
- Twitch to Air Holiday Spectacular Show to Look Back on 2018 - December 14, 2018
- Sixteen Years of Red vs. Blue: An Interview With Gus Sorola - December 14, 2018