WWE Superstar Cesaro was asked in a recent interview with Twin Cities online newspaper CityPages what he thought about the greatest opponents he’s ever faced in the sport of pro wrestling: fans who bring beach balls to wrestling shows. Nobody, not even rivals like Seth Rollins or Heath Slater, get the Swiss Superman as upset as fans who bring beach balls to the show and toss them around the crowd during matches. The WWE Universe witnessed Cesaro’s hatred for beach balls last year during SummerSlam when The Bar member was annoyed by fans passing a beach ball around so much that he actually left his partner Sheamus to fend for himself, hopped over the barricade, snatched the beach ball from the fans, and brutally popped it.
— WWE (@WWE) August 21, 2017
If you think that vanquishing one of his enemies so satisfyingly had quenched Cesaro’s thirst for vengeance on the spherical insults, think again. Cesaro showed that his disdain for beach balls and those who toss them is as strong as ever, perhaps even stronger, in answering the question Tuesday.
“Excuse my language, but fudge beach balls,” Cesaro said, so angered by the very prospect of them that he nearly used foul language. “Seriously. That’s absolutely disrespectful. We were wrestling for the Tag Team Championships, and you want to play with a beach ball? Get the hell out of here. Go. Leave the arena, and don’t come back. I think every person that brings a beach ball into a WWE arena should get ejected for life.”
Of course, the WWE Universe is known for being contrarian, so Cesaro’s comments are only likely to encourage fans to bring beach balls just to annoy him, which will in turn make Cesaro even angrier, until the dispute must be settled in a beach ball on a pole match at the grandest stage of them all: WrestleMania. Hey, it wouldn’t be the worst match on the card.
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Incredible Hulk Beat the Crap Out of Hulk Hogan - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Union Jack Resisted Thatcher’s England in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Marvel Mocked a Beloved Republican President in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Spider-Man Took a Fall for Animal Rights in 1990 - October 21, 2018
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Namor Got Political About Pollution in 1989 - October 21, 2018