Marvel’s Jessica Jones on Netflix returns for a second season this month, specifically on International Women’s Day, March 8th. The series has been hailed as a triumph for the streaming service/budding studio, Krysten Ritter in the title role of Defenders character Jessica has brought a new face to what a superhero can be.
This morning, the official Twitter account for the show tweeted out this gorgeous purple cover, along with the caption:
“gotta catch ’em all! (and by ‘em, I mean all 13 — the right number this time! — of the amazing pulp-novel-style covers. That means one for each #JessicaJones episode, designed by female illustrators around the world)”.
gotta catch 'em all! (and by ‘em, i mean all 13 — the right number this time! — of the amazing pulp-novel-style covers. That means one for each #JessicaJones episode, designed by female illustrators around the world) pic.twitter.com/T1YbAjg7Zq
— Netflix US (@netflix) March 5, 2018
The account followed that up with a video featuring 13 comic book cover art pieces created by international female artists to celebrate the return of the show.
“Are you ready? Here are the 13 comic covers drawn by 13 international women that are inspired by the 13 female-led episodes of Season 2. #JessicaJonesReturns March 8.”
— Jessica Jones (@JessicaJones) March 5, 2018
Artist Joyce Chin posted her cover on Facebook, and we love it.
Season 2 of Marvel’s Jessica Jones is set to hit Netflix at midnight (usually PST) on Friday March 8th, International Women’s Day.
- Joe Quesada Posts Key Art for Daredevil Season 3 and Other Marvel Netflix Shows
- Jessica Jones Season 2: Janet McTeer Shares Hints About Her Mysterious Character
- Marvel Reacquaints Us with Jessica Jones's Lawyer, Jeri Hogarth
- Jessica Jones Season 2: A Superhero Show That's Not Trying to Save the World
- Jessica Jones Season 2: Jessica Has More Rage... and More Heart
- 9 New Images from Jessica Jones Season Two