MGM Television is signing up for a very different kind of Witness Protection Program, securing the rights to comic book series Hiding in Time. Written by Christopher E. Long and illustrated by Ryan Winn, the Image Comics mini-series was published under the Shadowline Comics label in 2007. In Her Name‘s Richard Smith is attached to write the adaptation; with Long, Ray Miller and David Server of Archetype, Lloyd Braun of Whalerock Industries, and MGM Television’s Andrew Mittman set to executive produce.
Hiding in Time takes place in a future where law enforcement utilizes time travel to offer witnesses an entirely different kind of Witness Protection Program (WPP): relocating those who turn in State’s Evidence to various times in history for their safety. Abraham Smith is one of those witnesses, relocated to the past and living a life that’s not his own — centuries before he was even born. When a witness within the WPP is murdered “out of time”, a conspiracy is revealed and everything Abraham knew — even his very own safety — is now called into question as the danger gets closer to his timeline.
Long and Winn’s three-part Hiding in Time was well received by both critics and readers when it was first released, and it was optioned for a feature film in 2008 by Warner Bros.
- Simon Pegg on Amazon’s The Boys (The Bleeding Cool Interview) - October 15, 2018
- HBO’s Watchmen: Damon Lindelof “Remix” Series Releases New Teaser Image, Logo - October 15, 2018
- The Walking Dead s09e02 ‘The Bridge’ Builds Season 9 Tension Effectively (REVIEW) - October 15, 2018
- Bring Out Your Dead 902: Bleeding Cool’s The Walking Dead Live-Blog! - October 14, 2018
- 30 Photos From NYC’s Patches & Pins Expo 2018 - October 14, 2018