Announced at the Lion Forge panel at ECCC, Managing director of Lion Forge Comics, David Steward II had an idea for a comic. And coincidentally, happened to be managing director of a comic publisher. Handy that.
Which is how Cellies is a new series by Dave Scheidt of Aw Yeah Comics, Wrapped Up and Trolls, and Joe Flood, artist on Hellcity and Disney’s Pirates Of The Caribbean comic. Set in a mobile phone shop about a launch that goes very very wrong.
It’s the eve of the Latest hot new phone release and the crew at Jog Mobile is getting geared up. There’s a group—a mob, really—of impatient customers waiting for the latest smartphone. Devin, Christian, Rey, Jerry, and the rest of the Jog Mobile team are prepping for the new release when they discover these new phones might not be as awesome as they’d thought, even if they do have a twenty-megapixel camera (perfect for Instagram selfies! #retaillife). When the midnight release doesn’t go as planned, how will the staff keep the angry customers under control?
Coming out in June.
The presences or not of an owl tattoo on anyone’s back has not, as yet, been ascertained.
- SOLO Continues the Fireflying of the Star Wars Universe – A Review - May 24, 2018
- Rebellion to Publish Comics Based On Their Sniper Elite Games in August - May 24, 2018
- 2000AD Publisher Relaunches Classic British Comics as the Rebellion-Verse - May 24, 2018
- Michael Uslan Brings Back Dinosaucers in Lion Forge’s August 2018 Solicits - May 24, 2018
- Dave Sim Creates Nick Calm, Agent of C.O.D.P.I.E.C.E. - May 24, 2018