After the 1976 Brian DePalma film, after Carrie 2 and the 2002 TV reboot, the Castle gang come to the latest and final film in our Carrie retrospective: Carrie (2013) starring Chloe Grace Moretz. The difference here (besides a very believable performance by Portia Doubleday as the conniving Chris) is that this Carrie comes across a lot more like an avenging, angry recruit for the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. We discuss the whole series and debate the finer points while asking, “What does the world owe Carrie White?
Listen on YouTube:
Check out the trailer:
Castle of Horror/Castle Talk Podcast Links:
Join us over on Facebook to chime in.
The show is hosted here. Get our RSS Feed. Subscribe at iTunes. Listen on Stitcher. Or on YouTube.
The Team: Hosted by Jason Henderson, one of the writers for Bungie’s Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris and creator of the HarperTeen novel series Alex Van Helsing. Featuring Drew Edwards, creator of Halloween Man, Tony Salvaggio, Tech Director at of Rooster Teeth Studios and Clockwerx from Humanoids, attorney Julia Guzman of Guzman Immigration of Denver, and Jamie Bahr, lead singer and upright bassist of the rock and roll band Danger*Cakes.
- Castle Talk: Tom DeFalco Explains Spider-Girl and Why the Best Spider-Stories Are Set in High School - August 14, 2018
- Castle of Horror – ‘I Was a Teenage Frankenstein’: A Narcissistic Monster Makes a Monster - August 6, 2018
- Castle of Horror: ‘I Was a Teenage Werewolf’ Kicks Off Teenage Horror Retrospective - July 23, 2018
- Castle Talk: Jennifer Ziegler Juggles Middle Grade Voices in Revenge of the Teacher’s Pets - July 20, 2018
- California Tiki: The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit, ‘Mad Men’ of the ’50s – a Rare Glimpse of American Psychic Scars - July 12, 2018