Variety got their hands on another behind-the-scenes featurette for A Wrinkle in Time. The adaptation of the bestselling novel comes out this Friday and is among one of the most anticipated movies of the year.
The featurette shows director Ava DuVernay bringing together the entire cast and crew together just before they started shooting.
“I just want to gather everyone around for one moment of togetherness before we all spread out and do our thing. Just the fact that we get to be here doing this, it’s a good thing. Thank you so much for being here and let’s do this!”
For DuVernay, she believes that the vision of A Wrinkle in Time was to bring together a group of amazing artists from every part of film making to create something truly special.
“The overall vision for ‘A Wrinkle in Time’ is to create something emotionally resonant and visually stunning with a fantastic team of artists. This film is a wonderful collaboration that allows for all kinds of out-of-this-world design, from the production design to the costumes.”
This is clearly a project that DuVernay has a lot of passion for. A project with passion behind it will always be more interesting to watch even if it ends up not sticking the landing. We can all hope A Wrinkle in Time sticks the landing.
Summary: After the disappearance of her scientist father, three peculiar beings send Meg, her brother, and her friend to space in order to find him.
A Wrinkle in Time, directed by Ava DuVernay, stars Storm Reid, Chris Pine, Reese Witherspoon, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Michael Peña, and Zach Galifianakis. It will be released March 9th.
- 'A Wrinkle in Time' Blu-Ray, DVD Details and Release Date
- Shane Black Talks About Why He Wanted to Direct The Predator - May 24, 2018
- Maleficent 2 Actor Ed Skrein Talks About the “Phenomenal Cast” - May 24, 2018
- David Benioff and D.B. Weiss Will Make “Star Wars On Acid” According to Emilia Clarke - May 24, 2018
- New Featurette for Solo: A Star Wars Story - May 24, 2018
- Idris Elba to Star, Direct and Produce The Hunchback of Notre Dame for Netflix - May 24, 2018