Have you ever been looking at the Nintendo Switch and thought “my this thing seems dainty”? Ever wish you had a bigger version that was also somehow portable? Well, now you can (if you’re the guy who built this)! The YouTube channel My Mate Vince decided to take your conventional Switch apart and built what they’re subbing the “Nintendo Switch DX”. Essentially what he’s done is taken parts of a Switch and DIY rigged them up to a larger 15.5″ tablet, including making special rails for the joy-cons.
In the video description he says that if this becomes popular enough, he’ll get to work on a better version. Which you may not necessarily own but at least he’ll know there are people out there that would like to see a bigger version of the console. In our opinion, while it’s cool to see someone else mess with the tech, it defeats the purpose of the design to make it portable. According to the video, this thing weighs 2.5 kilograms, which equates to about 5.5 lbs for those of us not on the metric system, making it slightly heavier than many laptops. I already hate lugging around a laptop, doing it with a Switch would be a pain.
- Nintendo Promises To Fix Time Tracking For Playing Time
- Damascus Gear Operation Tokyo Comes To The Nintendo Switch
- Shinya Takahashi Celebrates The Switch's Anniversary With A Video
- Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy is Coming to The West on Switch
- Switch Playtimes Are Being Unintentionally Reset for the Console's First Anniversary
- Update: Diablo III is (Probably Not) Coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Treyarch Teases Next DLC Zombie Map for Black Ops 4 - October 16, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for October 16-22, 2018 - October 16, 2018
- Fortnite YouTuber Gets Sued By Epic Games for Selling Cheats - October 15, 2018
- UK’s National Videogame Museum Opens Permanently in November - October 15, 2018
- Six Foot Officially Releases Dreadnought on Steam - October 15, 2018