Looking to get a head start on the next phase of his WWE career, Rey Mysterio Jr. has apparently suffered an injury while wrestling an indie match, just before he was set to finalize a deal to return to WWE. The injury before his signing puts to rest the question of how long before Mysterio becomes injured while wrestling for WWE.
It happened in a match for Northeast wrestling, where Mysterio was teaming with Flip Gordon against Joey Mercury and Caleb Konley, according to The Wrestling Observer. Mysterio is believed to have suffered a torn bicep during the match, though he completed the match be performing a double 619 on his opponents followed by a top rope splash on Konley.
It’s unclear how this will affect Mysterio’s planned WWE return. On the one hand, it could delay the return while Mysterio recovers, though the extent of his injuries are unknown. On the other hand, WWE won’t have to worry about Mysterio getting injured right away after he does join, since there’s usually a refractory period between Mysterio’s many injuries.
Mysterio recently made a one-time return at the Royal Rumble, setting the stage for another run with the company.
WWE can sorely use the star power of Mysterio, one of the last remaining Attitude Era stars, on its 205 Live brand. We wish him the speediest recovery.
- Dan DiDio Congratulates Tom King on Batman Selling 100K+ for 50 Issues - April 26, 2018
- IDW’s Tom Waltz Teases “Top Secret” G.I. Joe Project for September - April 26, 2018
- Here are Your 2018 Eisner Nominees - April 26, 2018
- Dark Horse to Turn Portland Soccer Players into Superheroes for National Superhero Day - April 26, 2018
- Disney Channel to Launch Anime-Inspired ‘Star Wars: Resistance’ Cartoon from Dave Filoni This Fall - April 26, 2018