Looking to get a head start on the next phase of his WWE career, Rey Mysterio Jr. has apparently suffered an injury while wrestling an indie match, just before he was set to finalize a deal to return to WWE. The injury before his signing puts to rest the question of how long before Mysterio becomes injured while wrestling for WWE.
It happened in a match for Northeast wrestling, where Mysterio was teaming with Flip Gordon against Joey Mercury and Caleb Konley, according to The Wrestling Observer. Mysterio is believed to have suffered a torn bicep during the match, though he completed the match be performing a double 619 on his opponents followed by a top rope splash on Konley.
It’s unclear how this will affect Mysterio’s planned WWE return. On the one hand, it could delay the return while Mysterio recovers, though the extent of his injuries are unknown. On the other hand, WWE won’t have to worry about Mysterio getting injured right away after he does join, since there’s usually a refractory period between Mysterio’s many injuries.
Mysterio recently made a one-time return at the Royal Rumble, setting the stage for another run with the company.
WWE can sorely use the star power of Mysterio, one of the last remaining Attitude Era stars, on its 205 Live brand. We wish him the speediest recovery.
- Uncanny X-Men: Everything We Know About the Relaunch So Far [X-ual Healing 10-17-18] - October 21, 2018
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018