As ‘Goes Down Swinging’ is Dan Slott‘s final storyline on the Amazing Spider-Man comic book, the Dan Slott has only so long left for the teasing and tantalising of the Spider-Man audience over the cosmically annulled Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson marriage.
The most recent Amazing Spider-Man #796 certainly teased the possibility.
And Stuart Immonen teased what was coming.
But the preview of Amazing Spider-Man #797 adds the dialogue and the aftermath.
…exactly. Although Dan Slott is moving to Iron Man, so maybe he could keep the Mary Jane side of it going?
At least Spectacular Spider-Man #300 when it teased something rather akin to the Batman Marriage of late…
…and yes, there is a certain similarity…
…didn’t make you wait until #301 before pulling the spider-webbing from underneath your feet.
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #797
(W) Dan Slott (A) Stuart Immonen (CA) Alex Ross
GO DOWN SWINGING Part 1
The Green Goblin is back – and scarier than ever! Dan Slott has saved his most harrowing Spider-Man story for last as he and Stuart Immonen kick off the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN story ten years in the making. Osborn got his crazy back and has a plan that’ll make all his past plans look like child’s play. Peter Parker and the people he loves (ALL of them) are in deep trouble. And who or what is the RED GOBLIN?! The only way Spider-Man survives is to GO DOWN SWINGING!
Rated TIn Shops: Mar 07, 2018
PETER PARKER SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #300
(W) Chip Zdarsky (A) Adam Kubert (CA) Marcos Martin
MOST WANTED Part 4
An oversized anniversary epic, told the only way your pre-eminent pals in the Spidey-Office know how – in the Mighty Marvel Manner! For weeks, the Tinkerer has been launching a campaign against his do-gooder brother, the Mason, and Spidey’s nearly met his maker more than once trying to stop their sibling rivalry! With a little help from a tech-heavy team of Marvel heroes, Spider-Man takes the fight directly to Tinkerer! But Tinkerer’s got tech of his own…and it’s out of this world!
Rated T In Shops: Feb 28, 2018
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #796 LEG
(W) Dan Slott, Christos Gage (A) Mike Hawthorne, Terry Pallot, Cam Smith (CA) Alex Ross
THREAT LEVEL RED Part 3
• You’ve watched for months as Norman Osborn has scoured the globe for a cure to the genetic tampering that prevents him from becoming the Green Goblin.
• IN THIS ISSUE…HE FINDS IT!
• And it spells the worst kind of trouble for your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man!
Rated TIn Shops: Feb 21, 2018
- The Other History Of The DC Universe by John Ridley Vs Glory Scroll/Black Reign by Michael Davis - October 20, 2018
- Why 5 Kid Comics of California May Be Closing Down - October 20, 2018
- Gary Reed’s Final Comic, Savants, to See Print in 2019 - October 20, 2018
- In Depth Look at This Yu-Gi-Oh! Thing the Kids Go On About – Part Three - October 20, 2018
- Colleen Douglas and Chris Zero to Launch ‘God of Bad Men’ in January - October 20, 2018