Looking to add a little island flair to your life? Disney’s got you covered! This delicious-looking Island Style Grilled Cheese is just what you need to take you away to paradise — even for only a few brief moments.
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1⁄2 stick softened butter
- 8 slices ham
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 slices Swiss Cheese
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- Place bread slices onto parchment paper and spread butter on tops of each.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat.
- In batches, place a buttered side piece of bread face down into skillet then layer with 2 slices of ham, 2 tablespoons of crushed pineapple, a slice of Swiss cheese and a slice of cheddar cheese.
- Place another slice of bread on top buttered side up.
- Grill each side of bread until golden brown and cheese melted.
- Continue until all sandwiches have been made.
- Slice each sandwich in half and serve warm with a green salad.
Makes 4 servings.