Announced at ECCC yesterday, Shelly Bond‘s Black Crown imprint from IDW has two new titles to its bow.
Tini Howard of Assassinistas and Nick Robles of Alien Bounty Hunter will be launching Euthanauts.
What happens to us after we die?
Two women aim to find out in this series which combines classically intrepid explorers with our anxieties about death and the beyond — with psychonautic mindspaces to match. The first arc will kick off this July.
“Euthanauts is a book about death and dying as a universal concept,” said Howard. “How do these ideas contribute to our relationship with a deathspace we haven’t yet discovered, and what’s behind the light at the end of the tunnel?”
“I keep telling friends that I feel like I found a creative home with EUTHANAUTS,” adds Robles. “I’m inspired and excited to see where Tini takes us.”
And House Amok by Christopher Sebela (Hard Crimes) and Shawn McManus (The Sandman: Game of You).
This 5-issue miniseries is equal parts bloody reality, dark conspiracy, and magical fantasy. Delve into a character-driven study of a damaged nuclear family as we follow twin sisters in a claustrophobic, high-speed American road trip from Portland to the east coast.
“Horror was always my first true love affair with stories,” said Sebela. “Getting to team up with people like Shawn, Shelly, Lee, and Aditya to do a dark, creepy story like HOUSE AMOK — full of all the things that put me on edge and keep me up at night — is everything I could’ve hoped for when I was being terrified by stories like this when I was a kid.”
Adds McManus, “I haven’t had this much fun drawing comics since Fables.”
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018