In recent days, people have been buzzing about what will and won’t be considered a violation of the new Community Guidelines coming to Twitch, which will be put into effect this coming Monday, March 5th. Below is a brief snippet of the updated FAQ that Twitch uploaded today, which goes over the kinds of content that will not be acceptable on streams moving forward. While a lot of these pretty much makes sense but then adds a small addendum at the bottom saying that it will consider “a number of factors” before taking any action on content. Meaning that just because someone is showing cleavage doesn’t mean they’re going to get penalized for being reported for sexual content, or if a roundtable news stream talks about current events it won’t get dinged for hate speech. We highly suggest reading the updated FAQ for more info on what’s to come, as Twitch went out of their way to be as transparent as possible, a major contrast to YouTube’s recent shift in their partnership program.
What does Twitch consider hateful conduct?
Hateful conduct is any content or activity that promotes, encourages, or facilitates discrimination, denigration, objectification, harassment, or violence based on the following characteristics, and is strictly prohibited:
- Race, ethnicity, or national origin
- Sex, Gender, or Gender Identity
- Sexual Orientation
- Disability or Medical Condition
- Physical Characteristics
- Veteran Status
Twitch will consider a number of factors to determine the intent and context of any reported hateful conduct. You can read more on Twitch’s harassment and hateful conduct policies in our Learn More article.
- The Division's 2nd Anniversary Comes with 20 Million Players and New Global Events
- Twitch Announce TwitchCon 2018 Will Return To San Jose
- Get Christie Love: ABC Casts Daytime Divas' Camille Guaty in Remake
- Twitch Streamer Aqualadora Admits to Animal Cruelty in Livestream Q&A
- Fortnite Is Officially Getting Jetpacks In Battle Royale
- Nintendo Switch to get Mercenaries Wings: The False Phoenix - October 22, 2018
- Blizzard is Giving Away Diablo III Switch Bundles in a Treasure Hunt - October 22, 2018
- The Enclave Faction Returns in Fallout 76 - October 22, 2018
- Jade Raymond, Founder of EA Motive, Has Left the Company - October 22, 2018
- Intellivision Releases a New Trailer for the Amico Console - October 22, 2018