It looks like Netflix is looking to jump on the superhero craze in more ways than just Stranger Things. Deadline is reporting that Netflix has picked up the movie Past Midnight as part of their production deal with Anthony and Joe Russo. They have brought on director Rick Famuyiwa who was originally attached to the The Flash movie for DC and Warner Bros. They are looking to snag Keanu Reeves as the star, as he’s become something of a superhero in the John Wick movies.
Details of the plot are being kept under wraps, but it is being described as a new type of vigilante superhero story. If Reeves does star, it won’t be his first time at the vigilante rodeo, having starred in two John Wick movies with a third kicking off this year.
The movie is being written by TJ Fixman, who is mostly known for his work in video games but is considered something of a “rising star”. Famuyiwa was set to take the world by storm after Dope became a huge smash hit, but he left the flailing Flash movie due to creative differences. Famuyiwa was even brought on stage as the director during the 2016 Hall H presentation. He has a very unique vision, so it’s not surprising that Netflix scooped him up for a superhero property.
- Alex Winter, Keanu Reeves ARE Returning as Bill & Ted for 3rd Film
- Masahiro Sakurai Confirms He's Working on a New Super Smash Bros.
- Aquaman Director James Wan Was Given the Opportunity to Direct The Flash - December 16, 2018
- Amy Adams Clarifies That She Isn’t Officially out of the DC Universe - December 16, 2018
- From Spider-Ham to Sinister Six Sony Isn’t Ruling Anything out for Future Movies - December 14, 2018
- First Details for the Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sequel and Spin-Off are Confirmed - December 14, 2018
- Jason Momoa Comments on Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck Reportedly Leaving the DC Universe - December 13, 2018