It looks like Netflix is looking to jump on the superhero craze in more ways than just Stranger Things. Deadline is reporting that Netflix has picked up the movie Past Midnight as part of their production deal with Anthony and Joe Russo. They have brought on director Rick Famuyiwa who was originally attached to the The Flash movie for DC and Warner Bros. They are looking to snag Keanu Reeves as the star, as he’s become something of a superhero in the John Wick movies.
Details of the plot are being kept under wraps, but it is being described as a new type of vigilante superhero story. If Reeves does star, it won’t be his first time at the vigilante rodeo, having starred in two John Wick movies with a third kicking off this year.
The movie is being written by TJ Fixman, who is mostly known for his work in video games but is considered something of a “rising star”. Famuyiwa was set to take the world by storm after Dope became a huge smash hit, but he left the flailing Flash movie due to creative differences. Famuyiwa was even brought on stage as the director during the 2016 Hall H presentation. He has a very unique vision, so it’s not surprising that Netflix scooped him up for a superhero property.
- Alex Winter, Keanu Reeves ARE Returning as Bill & Ted for 3rd Film
- Masahiro Sakurai Confirms He's Working on a New Super Smash Bros.
- Daredevil Season 3: Peter Halpin Joins the Cast as Theo Nelson - October 18, 2018
- Watch Our Heroes Do Some Training in This New Robin Hood Clip - October 18, 2018
- Sophie Turner Talks Incorporating Mental Illness into Dark Phoenix - October 18, 2018
- Joshua Bassett Set to Star in High School Musical: The Musical for the Disney Streaming Service - October 17, 2018
- Arrowverse Crossover Elseworlds: First Look at Lois Lane, Black Suited Superman, and a Poster - October 17, 2018