Every so often (but seemingly less so since we started this column), comic book publishers send out previews of upcoming comics without any of the words added. The result, while nice to look at, fails to give readers a sense of what the final product will actually be like, which is, after all, the purpose of a preview.
Thankfully, there’s a better way! We’ve wasted decades reading comic books, so we can pretty much tell what’s happening in any comic just by looking at the pictures. In that spirit, we’ve completed these unlettered previews ourselves, using our best guess at what the dialogue will be. We can’t guarantee 100% accuracy, but we can guarantee that it’s more fun than looking at the unlettered art.
In this issue of Improbable Previews, we found this unlettered preview of New Mutants: Dead Souls #1 by Matthew Rosenberg, Adam Gorham, and Michael Garland in a dumpster outside the offices of Valnet Inc., pulled it out, dusted it off, and swiftly applied lettering to complete the story. New Mutants: Dead Souls #1 (of 6) hits stores on March 14th. Until then, this is all we’ve got…
- Marvel’s Jordan White Spoils the Last Panel of Uncanny X-Men #1 for #XMenMonday - October 22, 2018
- Power Rangers: Beyond the Grid Goes Beyond Its 1st Print Run, Goes Back for More - October 22, 2018
- Marvel Unveils More X-citing Uncanny X-Men Variants by Liefeld, Campbell, Pacheco, Crain, and Land - October 22, 2018
- Lois Lane Accused of Canoodling Lex Luthor in Action Comics #1004 Preview - October 22, 2018
- Oni Press Plans Super Fun Sexy Times with Ghost Hog, Dream Daddy, and More Next Summer - October 22, 2018