Every so often (but seemingly less so since we started this column), comic book publishers send out previews of upcoming comics without any of the words added. The result, while nice to look at, fails to give readers a sense of what the final product will actually be like, which is, after all, the purpose of a preview.
Thankfully, there’s a better way! We’ve wasted decades reading comic books, so we can pretty much tell what’s happening in any comic just by looking at the pictures. In that spirit, we’ve completed these unlettered previews ourselves, using our best guess at what the dialogue will be. We can’t guarantee 100% accuracy, but we can guarantee that it’s more fun than looking at the unlettered art.
In this issue of Improbable Previews, we found this unlettered preview of New Mutants: Dead Souls #1 by Matthew Rosenberg, Adam Gorham, and Michael Garland in a dumpster outside the offices of Valnet Inc., pulled it out, dusted it off, and swiftly applied lettering to complete the story. New Mutants: Dead Souls #1 (of 6) hits stores on March 14th. Until then, this is all we’ve got…
- #GhostCorps: IDW Teases Something Big for Ghostbusters in 2019 - December 13, 2018
- Marvel Rising Relaunches as a New Mini-Series in March from Nilah Magruder and Roberto Di Salvo - December 13, 2018
- Valiant Brings Hero vs. Hero Action to Your Phone in New Collectible Card Game - December 13, 2018
- Talking John Henry vs. Robots in Is’nana the Were-Spider with Greg Anderson Elysée - December 13, 2018
- In Goodbye Post for X-Men Red, Tom Taylor Says He Could Have Written Series for Years - December 12, 2018