Battle Royale game, The Darwin Project is set to launch next week in early access.
Battle Royale is most certainly a big ol’ thing at the moment. Both PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds and Fortnite: Battle Royale have taken over the gaming space, with both being about as big as one could hope for when putting out a game. They’ve changed the entire industry and perhaps unsurprisingly, it seems everyone wants a piece of that pie.
The Darwin Project is going to be the next to throw its hat in the genre ring. You might remember the game from the Xbox press conference at E3 last year (consequentially before Fortnite’s Battle Royale mode came out), it was the game with the very shouty man who was shoutcasting a match. Well, after a recent open beta, it seems the game is ready to hit storefronts. Developer Scavengers Studio has announced that the game will hit both Steam Early Access and Xbox Game Preview on March 9, 2018. It’s priced fairly reasonably too, at just $15 which seems like a great entry fee.
The game’s hook is that it is bringing in a lot more elements of the survival genre into the game. There is crafting of your equipment, so you are building your loadout, rather than actually buildings a-la Fortnite. The game also has some extensive spectator options meaning stream audiences can vote on things to do during the map that shake things up for the player. It’s a neat idea, and I suppose we will see if there is space for another Battle Royale game out there when it lands.
- Darwin Project Developers Made the Game Free To Play on Steam
- Tower of Time Will Finally Leave Early Access This April
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Gets a New Roadmap on Thursday
- Fortnite Surpasses PUBG For Most Watched Battle Royale On Twitch
- A Look At The New Xbox One Combat Tech Controller
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Sold 3 Million Copies in 11 Days in the US - December 18, 2018
- Grab a Free Copy of Subnautica on the Epic Store Over the Holidays - December 18, 2018
- Anthem Shows Off the Legion of Dawn in New Trailer - December 14, 2018
- DayZ is Now Out of Early Access and You Can Play it For Free This Weekend - December 14, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man’s Final DLC Gets Release Date – Will Have Into the Spider Verse Suit - December 13, 2018