Rainbow Six Siege is entering it’s third year on Tuesday, and with a bunch of new content changes, Ubisoft also announced some price hikes which made players distinctly unhappy. While those hikes have been toned down, Ubisoft is now making Rainbow Six‘s operators and attachments easier to obtain.
Players who own the Standard, Advanced, Gold, or Complete editions of the game will be able to use the original 20 operators without spending any Renown on unlocking them. So if you haven’t unlocked all 20 operators yet, this is fantastic news.
In addition, the Renown costs for all previous and future attachments are also being removed for all players, especially as Ubisoft plans to release 100 operators over 10 years in the game without giving it a sequel.
For players who own any of the attachments or any of the original 20 opersators, we have some bad news. Ubisoft has said in their blog post, “due to a technical limitation, we will not be able to issue refunds for players that have already acquired these Operators, or attachments.”
There will also be an update to the Starter Edition, so players who purchase the PC-only edition after March 6th will have access to six random operators instead of two operators and 600 Siege credits. The random 6 operators will consist of three random Attackers and three random Defenders from the 10 you can see below.
This change should make the Starter Edition a little easier to stomach, as it previously had a severe Operator handicap compared to the other editions of the game.
- Rainbow Six Siege Just Scored Its Highest Player Count
- Ubisoft Job Listings May Hint Toward Sequel for The Division
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018