Last week we talked about the possibility that Nintendo might be releasing a demo of Kirby Star Allies for the Nintendo Switch, but at the time we kind of dismissed it since the game was only a few weeks away. Today we learned that you can’t always predict what Nintendo has in mind as the company took to Twitter to let fans know there is, in fact, a free demo in the eShop.
Up to four players can journey through Dream Land together anytime, anywhere in #KirbyStarAllies! A free demo is now available from #NintendoSwitch #eShop.
<(^.^)> https://t.co/W3L2M6BK4q pic.twitter.com/fpyWyqo2QH
— Nintendo of Europe (@NintendoEurope) March 1, 2018
The demo itself is pretty short, but it does provide one key element that we didn’t expect, and that is four-player gaming. Usually, when you get games with multiplayer features, the demos often are single-player only because it is just a demo. So this is a nice surprise to see Nintendo give us what is essentially a better freebie than you would normally expect. That being said, don’t expect to see a lot of secrets or storyline information, as they’re obviously holding that off until the game is released in a few weeks on March 16th.
- Questing with Frenemies: We Review Kirby Star Allies
- Kirby Star Allies Gets New Characters with 2.0 Update
- Nintendo's eShop Now Allowing Gold Points For Purchases
- Nintendo Releases Two New Kirby Star Allies Trailers
- Nintendo Shows Off Some Gameplay From Kirby Star Allies
- Kirby: Star Allies Is Looking To Get A Demo In Early March
- Christopher McQuarrie Confirms Mission: Impossible Fallout Has Wrapped
- Image Comics Solicits for May 2018 - the Day After Image Expo (Pics Update)
- Marvel Comics Full Solicits For May 2018 - A Fresh Start (Images UPDATE)
- Gun Media Discusses the Future of Friday The 13th: The Game - October 16, 2018
- Bridge Constructor Portal Adds a Level Editor in Latest Update - October 16, 2018
- Black Desert Online Receives Two Event Bosses for Halloween - October 16, 2018
- Bethesda Explains Why Fallout 76 Won’t Be Coming to Steam - October 16, 2018
- Sony Says The PS4 Message Hacks Have Been Fixed - October 16, 2018