The Xbox team released a large bit of information to their fans and players letting them know that insiders would be getting a taste of the new Spring Update shortly, which will feature a number of new options including 1440p support. We got a snippet of the info on 1440p below, along with our other interesting option of more immersive audio; but the update will also include better interactivity with Mixer, a more stylized version of the Edge browser, more tools for Club owners, open tournaments, and an updated live feed section that should be a fast improvement over the current system. No date was set for when everyone will get a chance to download it, but Insiders will have a chance to try it out starting today.
Support for 1440p Video Output
Xbox One X and Xbox One S now support output at 1440p resolution for games and media; 1440p resolution, sometimes referred to as “2560×1440” and “QHD,” is a popular choice for PC users. With over a million and a half more pixels than 1080p, this resolution fills the gap between Full HD and 4K displays.
More Immersive Audio
If you’re the type of person that loves to rock out to a music playlist while playing your favorite games, we have good news for you! You now have an option to selectively balance game audio against background music within the Guide. Turn down the game volume, crank up the music volume and rock on. But that’s not all. The system sounds on Home and in the Guide have been completely revamped to support spatial audio, so the audio cues from your surround sound system will match the actions you see on-screen.
- Microsoft To Debut New Online Series This Week Called "Inside Xbox"
- The Latest Sea of Thieves Trailer Shows Off Customization Options
- Xbox Live Still Suffering Network Problems Into The Night
- Dig Up Some Buried Treasure with Sea of Thieves's Flameheart in New Loot Crate Boxes
- We Finally Get Details To Injustice 2 Legendary Edition
- 11 Games Added to Xbox One's Enhanced Titles List
- YouTube Channel “Super Best Friends” Ending After Internal Issues - December 16, 2018
- Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition Welcomes a New Fighter with Kage - December 16, 2018
- Electronic Arts Releases a New Anthem Trailer With a Hint of Story - December 16, 2018
- Tetsuya Nomura Issues Twitter Statement on Kingdom Hearts III Leak - December 16, 2018
- Macaulay Culkin Visits the Angry Video Game Nerd for Christmas - December 16, 2018