Quantic Dream’s Detroit: Become Human has finally gotten its release date and it is not far away at all.
Detroit: Become Human has been in a weird spot for a little while. The game was first criticised last year for its PlayStation Experience trailer which featured a rather graphic depiction of domestic violence, leaving many to wonder if the game could really handle such a delicate subject with the grace it needed. Then, things got complicated for the developer itself as it came under fire by accusing reports of a terrible workplace environment. Since then, the title has been quiet, perhaps understandably.
Until today, as the title has reappeared with some pretty big news. Hoping to put its controversies in the past, and look towards actually getting the game out, the game finally has a release date as Sony announced we will be able to get our hands on the title on 25 May, 2018. That’s only a couple months away now, so if you intend to dive in, best get some time squared away to play it.
While the game has had a very troubled run up to this point, hopefully it finds its footing once it lands. Good games are good games, and with all the work and time put into the title at this point, all anyone can wish for is a great experience. It certainly has some hurdles to leap over, but that doesn’t mean a good game can’t be found amongst that. A big, Sony exclusive, narrative-based game from the makers of Heavy Rain will still bring in a big audience still. Hopefully, it satisfies.
- Detroit: Become Human's Latest Ad Puts the Blame Squarely on You
- Quantic Dream Shows Off the Art Behind Detroit: Become Human
- Anthem Shows Off the Legion of Dawn in New Trailer - December 14, 2018
- DayZ is Now Out of Early Access and You Can Play it For Free This Weekend - December 14, 2018
- Marvel’s Spider-Man’s Final DLC Gets Release Date – Will Have Into the Spider Verse Suit - December 13, 2018
- Tony Hawk has a New Game for Mobile - December 13, 2018
- Kingdom Hearts Gets Opening Cinematic With New Skrillex Collaboration - December 10, 2018