There are some characters that are just fun to write. That kind of joy in writing can make all the difference when it comes to a screenplay. For Geneva Robertson-Dworet, writing Captain Marvel was one of those joys. She was recently talking to Cinema Blend about the upcoming Tomb Raider reboot and spoke about writing Carol Danvers in the upcoming Marvel movie.
Carol Danvers is someone I really enjoyed writing because she just loves kicking ass. She just has the best time, and that’s something, hat’s off to the comics, that’s how she is in the comics and they created an amazing character. She was a joy to write because she’s just always having fun. Always funny. Yeah. I had a blast with her.
To hear that Captain Marvel is going to be fun and funny is just awesome news. Carol is a fantastic character, and while she has had dark periods in the comics, the Captain Marvel we know now is not someone who is grim and gritty.
Captain Marvel, directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, will also star Brie Larson, Jude Law, DeWanda Wise, Gemma Chan, Samuel L. Jackson. The film is set for release on March 8th, 2019.
- Tomb Raider 1-3 Getting Remastered with Free Copies to Previous Owners
- Thor is the Second Revealed Avengers: Infinity War Hot Toys Figure
- Iron Man Mark 50 Diecast from Avengers: Infinity War Coming from Hot Toys
- Hot Toys Reveals Its Version of the Infinity Gauntlet
- Pennywise and Factory Entertainment are a Match Made in Horror Heaven
- Tom Holland is First Avenger to Deliver Toys to Kids as Part of the Marvel: The Universe Unites Campaign
- 'The Hamilton Polka' from Weird Al Yankovic Is Here
- The Gifted Season 2 Episode 8: Promo, Summary, Images, and a Tiara - November 14, 2018
- Ralph Breaks the Internet Review: Funny Moments That Never Comes Together - November 14, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Episode 5: Promo, Summary, and a Giant Octopus - November 13, 2018
- Detective Pikachu Gets a Noir Inspired Poster - November 12, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4: Nick Zano Explains Why He Isn’t in Tonight’s Episode - November 12, 2018