The Disney adaptation of The One and Only Ivan has gained another high-caliber cast member. The movie has signed on Bryan Cranston as one of the villains, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Cranston joins an already impressive cast that includes Angelina Jolie, Sam Rockwell, the breakout star of The Florida Project Brooklynn Prince, and Ariana Greenblatt of Disney Channel’s Stuck in the Middle.
Published by HarperCollins in 2011, the book centers on a silverback gorilla named Ivan (Rockwell) who lives in a cage in a shopping mall along with an elephant named Stella (Jolie) and a stray dog called Bob. Ivan does not remember life before the mall, but when a baby elephant named Ruby enters and Ivan finds himself taking care of her, he begins to rediscover his previous life and concocts a plan to take the baby elephant away from their abusive owner.
Thea Sharrock is directing the adaptation who has also directed the movie Me Before You. It currently doesn’t have a release date, though if they start shooting this year, we could be looking at a late 2019 to early 2020 release.
- Iron Fist S2: Simone Missick Comments Potential of Danny, Misty Relationship - August 16, 2018
- Alpha Review: A Very Slow-Moving Survival Story - August 16, 2018
- New International Trailer for Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween - August 16, 2018
- Paul Walker’s Brothers Want His Character Back in the Fast and Furious Movies - August 16, 2018
- Cooper Andrews Gives Some Details on His Character in Shazam! - August 16, 2018