The Disney adaptation of The One and Only Ivan has gained another high-caliber cast member. The movie has signed on Bryan Cranston as one of the villains, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Cranston joins an already impressive cast that includes Angelina Jolie, Sam Rockwell, the breakout star of The Florida Project Brooklynn Prince, and Ariana Greenblatt of Disney Channel’s Stuck in the Middle.
Published by HarperCollins in 2011, the book centers on a silverback gorilla named Ivan (Rockwell) who lives in a cage in a shopping mall along with an elephant named Stella (Jolie) and a stray dog called Bob. Ivan does not remember life before the mall, but when a baby elephant named Ruby enters and Ivan finds himself taking care of her, he begins to rediscover his previous life and concocts a plan to take the baby elephant away from their abusive owner.
Thea Sharrock is directing the adaptation who has also directed the movie Me Before You. It currently doesn’t have a release date, though if they start shooting this year, we could be looking at a late 2019 to early 2020 release.
- Sophie Turner Talks Incorporating Mental Illness into Dark Phoenix - October 18, 2018
- Joshua Bassett Set to Star in High School Musical: The Musical for the Disney Streaming Service - October 17, 2018
- Arrowverse Crossover Elseworlds: First Look at Lois Lane, Black Suited Superman, and a Poster - October 17, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: The Return of Wilson Fisk Featurette - October 17, 2018
- Demián Bichir Has Entered Negotiations to Star in Godzilla vs. Kong - October 17, 2018