Sega has pulled Yakuza 6’s demo from the PlayStation store as some players were able to access the game for free.
Well, this is a bit of a blunder. People were excited about the prospect of Yakuza 6‘s demo. The game is hotly anticipated by the community and the demo was supposed to give a decent portion of the game up to try, letting players see how they like it. Demos don’t always come around these days, so to see one for such a hotly anticipated game was very cool.
It didn’t quite go to plan. In Europe and Australia, the demo went up without a hitch but in North America… it hit a pretty big one. With the demo, you had to install the full game and it would then block your progress early on. That didn’t happen in the version released to America. This means SEGA uploaded the entire game so players could just get the game in its entirety over a month in advance for free. That is a bad day. The demo has now been pulled everywhere and the Yakuza team took to Twitter to apologise for the error.
We apologize, but have had to remove the Yakuza 6: The Song of Life demo from the PlayStation Store. We are as upset as you are, and had hoped to have this demo available for everyone today. We discovered that some were able to use the demo to unlock the full game. 1/2
— SEGA (@SEGA) February 27, 2018
The hope here is that it was picked up on quick enough and that it won’t have any tangible effect on sales of the game. It’s pretty wild this was allowed to happen though and that some players will now be playing the game early. It’s a shame. Hopefully, everyone who did get it will end up supporting the game in its full release.
- Yakuza 6: The Song of Life Receives a Proper Launch Trailer
- Ballistic Babysitter - We Review Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
- Crackdown 3 Won’t Be Delayed Again Says Report - July 17, 2018
- Nolan North Takes Over Role of Cayde-6 From Nathan Fillion in Destiny 2: Forsaken - July 17, 2018
- ‘Pokémon: Let’s Go’ Games Get a New Trailer Showing off Gyms, Traversal, and Pokémon Haircuts - July 13, 2018
- Remnant: From the Ashes is the New Co-Op Shooter From the Darksiders 3 Developer - July 13, 2018
- The Witcher Series Will Get Another Game, but It Won’t Be The Witcher 4 - July 12, 2018