If a video game goes out of its way to show us jack squat of what it can do leading up to its release, we know that’s a bad sign of things to come. So you can imagine how we felt when we saw the trailer below for R.B.I. Baseball 18 developed by the MLB showed us absolutely nothing of the game in their latest trailer. Check out the footage below as they show some character mockups of players in the game, but zero footage from the game itself giving us any hints as to what we’ll be playing.
Some people may look at a trailer like that and think “What’s the big deal? They’re just hiding the footage for now.” Well, the big deal is that the game is due out on March 19th, less than three weeks from now. If you’re a game company or even a developer and you’re now showing off footage with less than a month before release… that’s a problem. It generally means you don’t want people to see any of the issues they may have with the game. We’ll see how baseball fans react to it when it gets released, but for now, we’re worried.
- MLB The Show 18 Will Introduce "Retro Mode" To The Game
- NFL Post Mortem - 2017 Cleveland Browns
- Funko Toy Fair Reveals Part 5: SNL, Nickelodeon, WWE, MLB, and Rock!
- Need the Perfect Galentine's Day Gift for the Betty or Veronica in Your Life?
- [2018 Westminster Dog Show] Dog Show Confidential!
- Bandai Namco Unveil Kane’s First Jump Force Pics - October 22, 2018
- The Classic Tetris World Championship Has a New King - October 22, 2018
- MediEvil is Supposed to Get An Update Sometime in the Next Few Weeks - October 21, 2018
- Tekken 7: Fated Retribution – Round 2 Will Hit Japan in February - October 21, 2018
- Ubisoft Shutting Down Online Services for a Few Old Titles - October 21, 2018