Men in Black is the next rebooted title that we didn’t really ask for, but are more than likely getting. Sony’s landmark ’90s film starring Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones was a hit for its time, and the subsequent sequel and third installment were met with marginal fan approval.
It looks like Sony is moving ahead with their reboot Men in Black film, with a script by Matt Holloway and Art Marcum, both writers on Marvel’s first Iron Man film. Fate of the Furious director F. Gary Gray will be in the hot seat for the alien flick.
The Hollywood Reporter is saying that Thor star Chris Hemsworth is currently in talks to possibly take the lead in Men in Black, as a new character with no (at this time) tangible connection to the original Agents J and K.
Hemsworth is no stranger to reboots, having been a part of the much-maligned Ghostbusters film as the simple-minded secretary Kevin.
According to THR’s sources, the new film will take place in London (not New York like the three original titles) and a combination of characters will involve a white character, a black woman, and an older man.
The Men in Black reboot already has a release date of May 17th, 2019.
- Chris Hemsworth Says New 'Men In Black' Script is in Development
- Ghost Rider Gets the Marvel Legends Figure He Deserves
- Infinity War Comes to Funko as Thanos Also Conquers Our Wallets
- Game of Thrones White Walker Brings Winter to Toy Collections, Thanks to ThreeZero
- Chris Hemsworth Done Playing Thor After Avengers 4... Unless He Changes His Mind
- Tessa Thompson Supports #FemaleFilmmakerFriday With A Flashback To Sundance
- The Best Viewing Order of the MCU Ahead of Avengers: Infinity War
- Star Wars IX Casting Rumors of [SPOILER] May Not Be Rumor Thanks To ‘Solo’ - May 26, 2018
- The Expanse Picked Up by Amazon Studios for 4th Season - May 26, 2018
- The Toys That Made Us Season 2, Episode 1 Talks Star Trek - May 25, 2018
- Bidding War Ends- Bond 25 Lands at Universal Pictures - May 24, 2018
- Report: James Mangold Making Boba Fett Standalone Star Wars Movie - May 24, 2018