It looks like Jonathan Hickman may have signed his next contract with Marvel Comics — but we understand that previously he was all ready to go at DC Comics.
The switch came down to a number of things. C.B. Cebulski as Marvel’s new Editor-in-Chief was a major reason for Hickman to change his mind about Marvel.
But at DC Comics, he was planning to write the new Legion of Super-Heroes series. However, I understand that there were internal delays, with Geoff Johns having specific characters and teams that are off the table until Doomsday Clock concludes, and that series has been getting a lot later, switching from monthly to bi-monthly.
And they included Justice Society, Captain Marvel, the Legion, and more.
Marvel Comics committed to a multi-book deal, considerable creative control… and getting on with it sooner.
Might we get an announcement at ECCC? Maybe. You never know…
UPDATE: Jonathan is careful with his wording. And we will endeavour to find a better photo.
- BBC Confirms: No Doctor Who Series 12 Until 2020 - December 9, 2018
- “The DNA Of The Most Dangerous Creature In the Universe” – Trailer For Resolution, The Doctor Who New Year’s Day 2019 Special - December 9, 2018
- Ollie’s Outlets Selling $3.3 Million of Graphic Novels at 80% Off - December 9, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 9th December 2018, “DC Killed It This Week” – and Then Die… - December 9, 2018
- Marvel Says There Ain’t No Party Like a Guardians Of The Galaxy Party - December 9, 2018