It looks like Jonathan Hickman may have signed his next contract with Marvel Comics — but we understand that previously he was all ready to go at DC Comics.
The switch came down to a number of things. C.B. Cebulski as Marvel’s new Editor-in-Chief was a major reason for Hickman to change his mind about Marvel.
But at DC Comics, he was planning to write the new Legion of Super-Heroes series. However, I understand that there were internal delays, with Geoff Johns having specific characters and teams that are off the table until Doomsday Clock concludes, and that series has been getting a lot later, switching from monthly to bi-monthly.
And they included Justice Society, Captain Marvel, the Legion, and more.
Marvel Comics committed to a multi-book deal, considerable creative control… and getting on with it sooner.
Might we get an announcement at ECCC? Maybe. You never know…
UPDATE: Jonathan is careful with his wording. And we will endeavour to find a better photo.
- Zorro and Edgar Rice Burroughs Return in American Mythology August 2018 Solicits - May 23, 2018
- Five Presents Left Behind For The Marvel Universe by Brian Bendis in Invincible Iron Man #600 (SPOILERS) - May 23, 2018
- A New Look – and Name – For Amadeus Cho’s Hulk (SPOILERS) - May 23, 2018
- Midnight Tiger Strong and Double Jumpers: Full Circle Jerks Launch From Action Lab in August 2018 Solicitations - May 23, 2018
- Survival Fetish Meets Its Finale in Black Mask August 2018 Solicitations - May 23, 2018