We were all pretty worried when filmmaker and geek-like-us Kevin Smith suffered (in his words) a massive heart attack after performing the first half of a new comedy special.
He was very honest about the situation, saying that at first he thought maybe he had consumed some “bad milk”, but became increasingly aware of the severity of what was actually happening. It wasn’t until two friends urged him to go to the nearby hospital that the true nature of his discomfort was revealed.
Smith was told by doctors at the hospital that what he experienced was a 100% blockage of the LAD artery (aka “the Widow-Maker”), a usually deadly heart episode that he is SO DAMN LUCKY he got through. Kevin posted this from his hospital bed later that night, some fans wondering why he’d go into such detail rather than just saying, “Hey, I’m alright.” But really, that’s just Kevin Smith’s style.
Today Smith posted on Twitter and Facebook that he’s home with a photo and a caption, including a thank-you to Chris Pratt, who offered the director prayers:
“Home again, home again, jiggety-jig! Home is where the heart is and the heart is feeling good! It’s actually getting more blood flow and oxygen than it has in a long time. So I am ALERT, to say the least! Thank you for all the kind words, folks – from Vegetarian Kev, Day 2!”
You can see his Facebook post here:
Be well, man. We’d like to see you around for a while.
- AMC Cancels Comic Book Men After 7 Seasons
- Even More MCU Marvel Legends on the Way as Collectors Scramble to Keep Up
- Ghost Rider Gets the Marvel Legends Figure He Deserves
- Kevin Smith Suffers Massive Heart Attack
- Follow Along Live from the ‘Supernatural’ Hall H Panel At SDCC - July 22, 2018
- First Teaser for Season 3 of Amazon Studios’ ‘The Man In The High Castle’ - July 21, 2018
- First Look at Cosmos Season 2 Debuted During SDCC Panel - July 21, 2018
- 28 Photos from the Vikings San Diego Comic-Con Panel - July 20, 2018
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Getting Reboot, Joss Whedon Attached - July 20, 2018