We were all pretty worried when filmmaker and geek-like-us Kevin Smith suffered (in his words) a massive heart attack after performing the first half of a new comedy special.
He was very honest about the situation, saying that at first he thought maybe he had consumed some “bad milk”, but became increasingly aware of the severity of what was actually happening. It wasn’t until two friends urged him to go to the nearby hospital that the true nature of his discomfort was revealed.
Smith was told by doctors at the hospital that what he experienced was a 100% blockage of the LAD artery (aka “the Widow-Maker”), a usually deadly heart episode that he is SO DAMN LUCKY he got through. Kevin posted this from his hospital bed later that night, some fans wondering why he’d go into such detail rather than just saying, “Hey, I’m alright.” But really, that’s just Kevin Smith’s style.
Today Smith posted on Twitter and Facebook that he’s home with a photo and a caption, including a thank-you to Chris Pratt, who offered the director prayers:
“Home again, home again, jiggety-jig! Home is where the heart is and the heart is feeling good! It’s actually getting more blood flow and oxygen than it has in a long time. So I am ALERT, to say the least! Thank you for all the kind words, folks – from Vegetarian Kev, Day 2!”
You can see his Facebook post here:
Be well, man. We’d like to see you around for a while.
- Even More MCU Marvel Legends on the Way as Collectors Scramble to Keep Up
- Ghost Rider Gets the Marvel Legends Figure He Deserves
- Kevin Smith Suffers Massive Heart Attack
- Let’s Talk About Legion Season 2 Episode 4, “Chapter 12” - April 25, 2018
- WB Shows Sizzle Reel Featuring Aquaman Footage at CinemaCon - April 24, 2018
- Espolòn Tequila Brings on New ‘Creative Director For Culture n Stuff’, Deadpool - April 24, 2018
- Robert Downey Jr.’s Moving Speech During Avengers: Infinity War Premiere - April 24, 2018
- Sony Announces Christmas 2019 Release Date For Jumanji 3 - April 24, 2018