There are few films that exist with the ferocious charm of 9 to 5, an ahead-of-its-time comedic farce tale of women in an office workplace. Still relevant today, the 1980 flick was launched into classic status with the help of an amazing cast and a catchy tune.
Deadline reports that 20th Century Fox is speaking to original 9 to 5 writer Patricia Resnick, who supposedly will be teaming with actress/writer Rashida Jones to pen a new script.
Theoretically, this new take will more than likely deal with some of the current socio-political climate in the wake of the ongoing #MeToo movement, as well as the #TimesUp offshoot.
The original film starred Lily Tomlin, Jane Fonda, and Dolly Parton as three women completely fed up with their asshole bosses. There are dream sequences featured where the women take their righteous revenge upon the ‘man’, eventually taking over the boss positions.
While Deadline also alludes to the possibility of the original cast returning for a remake, there is nothing in their write up to confirm.
We’ll let you know as more information about this project gets released and/or confirmed.
- Infinity War Comes to Funko as Thanos Also Conquers Our Wallets
- Game of Thrones White Walker Brings Winter to Toy Collections, Thanks to ThreeZero
- Cyclops and Beast X-Men Animated Series Statues on the Way from Kotobukiya
- SYFY Releases Official Trailer for ‘Nightflyers’ Series - July 19, 2018
- Doctor Who’s Jodie Whittaker Really is THAT Incandescent in Person - July 19, 2018
- Greg Berlanti, Geoff Johns Bringing Stargirl to DC Universe Streaming Service - July 19, 2018
- SDCC Bash ‘Ready Party One’ Was Everything This Side of the OASIS - July 19, 2018
- Henry Cavill Wanted to Fight [SPOILER] in Man of Steel 2 - July 18, 2018