Tony Hawk has taken to Twitter to talk about the questions he continually gets about the Pro Skater series, essentially saying it is entirely out of his hands.
People want another good Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater game. I’m sure a lot of you reading have very fond memories of the arcade skating game which really was a bit of a revolution back when it hit in the late 90s. They had a great attitude and introduced a lot of players to the culture of skateboarding, which likely still lasts to this day. However, with the release of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 and the not so great entries before the attempted revival, the series hasn’t had a win in quite some time. On top of that, the servers for 5 were turned off a little while ago, causing extra frustration.
Well, as you imagine, this has plenty of people asking Hawk about what is next, are remasters coming and could those servers be turned back on. Of course, he doesn’t actually have any sway on the direction of the franchise, nor the power to be able to help right now. In a tweet, he said he is no longer working with Activision at all, so can’t help fans even though it seems he wants too.
To anyone asking me to ‘remaster” old games, or complaining about THPS servers being down: Activision owns the THPS license but I am no longer working with them. If I had the skills / authority to reboot servers or code games for newer systems on my own, I would be happy to…
— Tony Hawk (@tonyhawk) February 26, 2018
One has to imagine that future games in the series are in jeopardy here and that it will likely be a while, if ever, we see another game. Its clear Hawk does have a desire to make a game happen though and make fans happy. It seems the current situation isn’t quite conducive to that however. Hopefully, we get a great skateboarding game sometime in the future.
- Microsoft Controls Whether Alan Wake and Quantum Break Get Sequels, Says Remedy - July 18, 2018
- Base Game and Previous Expansions Now Part of World of Warcraft’s Subscription - July 18, 2018
- Destiny 2 Adds Bounties Back into the Game Alongside Other Improvements in New Patch - July 18, 2018
- Leak Claims Dragon Ball FighterZ is Adding Base Goku and Vegeta as DLC in August - July 18, 2018
- No Man’s Sky NEXT Update Gets a Brand-New Trailer - July 17, 2018