Hearthstone is entering its next year, Year of the Raven, which will come with a new Standard format, a new expansion, and a new druid hero Lunara. The new Standard format will introduce an updated card set rotation that should drastically change the game’s meta, and lead into more exploration and variety in deck types, to shake the game up a bit.
The Year of the Raven will start with the first expansion of 2018, and the Whispers of the Old Gods, One Night in Karazhan, and Mean Streets of Gadgetzan cards will become exclusive to Wild. But you will still be able to buy them from the online shop.
The new hero, Lunara, is a “fiesty dryad” and first daughter of Cenarius. She’s protected the forests of Azeroth for millennia and will be available as a prize for players who win 10 games in the updated Standard format match.
Hearthstone will also be getting in-game tournaments which will allow players to run a tourney from their own home or Fireside Gathering. They can create a custom tournament and invite friends, without needing to leave the Hearthstone game client. Early features will include matchmaking and deck checks, but features will roll out over time to the in-game tournaments modes. The beta of these in-game tourneys will start in the summer of 2018.
And as you could guess from the headline image of this post, The Year of the Raven will come with three new expansions, each with over 130 cards and new single-player content.
You can check out all of the coming content and more in a new edition of “Hearthside Chat with Ben Brode.”
- Funko is Releasing a Line of Fortnite Collectibles Soon - July 18, 2018
- Epic Games Has Earned $1 Billion in Fortnite in-Game Purchases - July 18, 2018
- 505 Games Debuted an Animated Teaser for ‘Indivisible’ at Anime Expo - July 9, 2018
- The Halo Championship and Gears Pro Circuit are Teaming Up This Weekend - July 9, 2018
- Electronic Arts Acquires Indie Dev Studio Industrial Toys - July 9, 2018