The Pokemon Company has announced that Pokemon Day 2018 will take place on February 27, 2018. This time around, we’re getting some unusual new goodies to play around with like new Pokemon snapchat lenses and Pikachu Talk for google Home and Alexa.
February 27th will mark the 22nd anniversary of Pokemon Red and Green‘s launch in Japan. The original release of both Red and Green launched a multi-decade blockbuster franchise that’s comprised of more than 20 games, 21 films, an anime series, a trading card game, and several manga series.
In celebration of the anniversary, the Pokemon snapchap lenses will be based on the original Kanto starter pokemon, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charmander. And a Pikachu-themed voice will be available for Google Home and Alexa, which responds with the traditional cries of the Pokemon from the anime.
Finally, a special Pikachu will be available in Pokemon Go. Details on the new Pikachu are:
When exploring their world in search of wild Pokémon, Pokémon GO Trainers can keep an eye out for a special Pikachu wearing a festive striped purple hat. For Pokémon Day 2018, this Pikachu will know the move Present and will give players triple the usual Stardust when caught. Trainers can look for Pikachu wearing a party hat through February 28 at 1 P.M PST.
- New Pokémon Job Listing Gives Hints to Nintendo Switch Game
- Pokémon Cafe Opens in Japan, Because of Course It Needed to Happen
- Niantic Teases New Pokémon GO Event If Players Meet Goal
- Hasbro's Infinity Gauntlet is 2018's First Must-Own Collectible
- Thanos Marvel Legends Walmart Exclusive Figure Hitting Stores Now
- Kingsman Agent Eggsy Heading Home from MAFEX This Year
- Evil Dead Fans: One:12 Collective is Taking Preorders for Ash Now!
- FireRed and LeafGreen Trainer Outfits Added to Pokémon GO
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset Impressions - April 26, 2018
- Usain Bolt to Attempt the Xbox Game Pass Challenge Today - April 26, 2018
- The PC Building Simulator has Sold 100,000 Copies - April 26, 2018
- Pre-Orders Now Live for Mutant: Year Zero’s Mechatron Expansion - April 26, 2018
- Legends of Aria to Enter Open Beta in June with Early Access in July - April 26, 2018