Prepare to have the Jump Pad rendered near useless as Epic Games announced through the updates area on Fortnite that Jetpacks are on the way as the latest addition to the Battle Royale section. The logo below has been making the rounds all afternoon as people are getting excited at the possibility of air-to-air combat, not to mention the notion of sniping while flying and adding yet another element of “did you just see that” clips across Twitch and YouTube.
In all seriousness, this is an amazing addition that probably should have been in the game sooner. Considering how large the island is in Battle Royale, this is the kind of game-changing item that can turn a four-person team into a force to be reckoned with as you can now turn one of your players into a scout to see what’s ahead and be ready to flank where needed. Or save on building materials as you scale buildings and mountainsides faster than before. Since this update has just been announced with no date attached to it, there’s no info on mechanics to point out how exactly this thing is going to work. At this point, we’re guessing that this will either be a near-end item for Season 3 or come out shortly after it ends.
- Fortnite Surpasses PUBG For Most Watched Battle Royale On Twitch
- Twitch Updates Their Community Guidelines FAQ Before Monday Launch
- Twitch Announce TwitchCon 2018 Will Return To San Jose
- Thousands Of Fortnite Fans Just Helped A Student With AP Chemistry
- Fortnite's Version 3.0 is Live, Bringing Faster Building and 60FPS to Consoles
- You'll Soon Be Able To Play As John Wick in Fortnite
- Fortnite's 3.0 Update Will Make Building Even Easier
- Epic Games Reveals Fortnite's Season 3 Rewards and New Items
- Infinity Ward Evacuated Yesterday After a Bomb Threat - December 14, 2018
- Konami Releases Info on Upcoming Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Duel Power Cards - December 14, 2018
- Blizzard Will Be Scaling Back on Heroes of the Storm - December 13, 2018
- Nicalis Announces RemiLore: Lost Girl in the Lands of Lore for February - December 13, 2018
- Valve Releases Steam Link for Raspberry Pi Users - December 13, 2018