In a move that probably shouldn’t surprise anyone, Facebook has decided to reel back on releasing a demo of their VR game Bullet Train after the recent school shooting in Parkland, Florida. The company removed the demo from Oculus Rift stations set up for the Conservative Political Action Conference this week and gave no formal announcement as to when we’d be seeing the first-person shooter VR title return. Obviously, the move was done because showing off a game where, as you can see below, you’re opening fire on what appear to be either cops or trained gunmen in an open train station, probably wasn’t the best move in a point where the country is still hurting from the shooting and are calling for new gun legislation.
Now whether or not Facebook will bring the game back at a later date or has decided to shutter the project altogether is another topic. It wouldn’t be the first time a game was delayed or edited due to a national tragedy, as GTA3 and Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty both went through changes like these after 9/11. But those games were practically finished when they went through editing, while Bullet Train seems to still be in development. So depending on how the company feels about the game, this is something we may not see for a while or at all.
- Oculus Rifts Around the World Stopped Working This Morning
- A Comic Con with Only Comic Talent in a Mall for Free? Why Not?
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List - 25th February 2018 - Superman Readers Disturbed About Bendis
- Terry Goodkind Apologizes to Artist After Trashing Cover to Own Book
- Mobile Game Pigeon Pop Gets Caught Stealing Artwork
- Spike Chunsoft Will Reveal 4 New Localization Games at GDC 2018
- Bridge Constructor Portal Adds a Level Editor in Latest Update - October 16, 2018
- Black Desert Online Receives Two Event Bosses for Halloween - October 16, 2018
- Bethesda Explains Why Fallout 76 Won’t Be Coming to Steam - October 16, 2018
- Sony Says The PS4 Message Hacks Have Been Fixed - October 16, 2018
- Analogue Unveils Their Genesis Retro Console With the Mega Sg - October 16, 2018