En Masse Entertainment announced today that the Open Beta for Tera on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 will run from March 9th at 6 a.m. PST until March 12th at 12 a.m. PST. PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players will be able to download the beta from the PlayStation Store or Microsoft Store on March 9th.
Tera was developed by Bluehole, Inc for En Masse Entertainment and launched on PC on January 25th, 2011. The game is a true action combat RPG where players explore a vast world where their combat skills are put to the test against deadly enemies known as Big Ass Monsters. They’ll need to actively dodge out of the way of incoming attacks, study enemy attack patterns, and execute precise skill combos to take them down. So this isn’t a numbers-based RPG, nor is it a hybrid like many other MMOs.
“Tera’s development team at Bluehole, Inc. has taken great care to adapt the vast world of Tera and it’s best-in-genre action combat to console platforms,” said Matt Denomme, Sr. Product Manager at En Masse Entertainment. “We feel the results speak for themselves and we’re excited to get the game in the hands of players during our upcoming Open Beta event weekend. Consoles need a solid MMORPG and Tera is prepared to deliver.”
Tera will be available on Xbox One and PS4 in Spring 2018. You can check out the open beta trailer below.
- En Masse Entertainment is Letting Fans Pick Closers' Next Event
- The First Two Turok Games Headed To Xbox One
- This Year’s GDC Awards Were Pointless Because of Breath of the Wild - March 24, 2018
- Activison Almost Made a Spyro the Dragon MMORPG - March 24, 2018
- Rare’s Craig Duncan Doesn’t Think they got Enough Credit for their Work on Kinect Sports - March 24, 2018
- Castle of Heart is Now Live Exclusively on the Nintendo Switch - March 24, 2018
- Co-op Prison Break Vehicle A Way Out Got a Hyptastic Launch Trailer that Misses the Point - March 24, 2018