BOOM! Studios and Cartoon Network are bringing back Over the Garden Wall with a new original graphic novel this Fall. Called Over the Garden Wall: Distillatoria, the comic based on the Emmy-winning cartoon is written by Eisner-winning writer Jonathan Case and Eisner-winning artist Jim Campbell. Here’s what the graphic novel is about:
While exploring the Unknown, Greg and Wirt suddenly find themselves back home—only it looks like they brought Beatrice back with them?! Now, it’s up to them to help Beatrice return safely to the Unknown before anyone realizes she can talk. But it looks like something sinister might be happening in the shadows and everything might not be as it seems. It’s a mad dash filled with friendship, love, Sara, and learning that home might be a lot further away than you think.
“As a borderline-scary fan of Over the Garden Wall, I’m excited to find myself at the helm of a new adventure for Wirt, Greg, and Beatrice. Really, really excited, you guys,” said Case in a press release. “With Distillatoria, we’ll revisit some familiar and beloved bits: the Unknown, the Wirt-poems, the rock facts…but we’ll also explore new and (I hope) surprising territory. I dearly hope this new book is a good time for all my fellow old souls and romantic weirdos. And of course, all the lovers of Greg.”
“At this point drawing Over the Garden Wall feels like home to me,” said Campbell. “I love this world. I’m really excited about exploring a lot of the new, weird, and creepy imagery Jonathan has conjured up for this story. But it’s also got some of my favorite settings and characters from the show we haven’t seen in the comics yet. This is going to be a good one.”
The comic hits stores in November.
- That Time Wolverine Came Back From the Dead… in 1990?! [X-ual Healing 9-12-2018] - September 18, 2018
- Is $500 Too Much for an Avengers Comics Box Set? What if It’s Over 2600 Pages? - September 18, 2018
- A Mutant Pride Parade for the Marvel Universe? Coming in Iceman #4 - September 18, 2018
- Thor and Hulk, Sitting in a Tree, D-A-T-I-N-G? - September 18, 2018
- The Return of Nate Grey and the Age of Apocalypse in December’s Uncanny X-Men - September 18, 2018